Rachel Crow Dishes on Her 'Spunky and Crazy' Character in Nickelodeon's Pilot
Rachel Crow has scored her first TV deal. Contrary to the swirling rumors that she was approached by Disney, the 14-year-old girl has signed on for a Nickelodeon new comedy pilot. The fifth place finisher on the inaugural season of "The X Factor (US)" is cast in a recurring role for "Fred: The Show", which also stars Lucas Cruikshank.
Crow will play Starr, an eccentric girl who acts and sings, and is determined to be famous. "I have a fun character. She's spunky and crazy, and she wants to be a star...," the singer, who was mentored by Simon Cowell during her "X Factor" stint, said of her character. "She's [Fred's] best friend."
She also gushed about the show, " 'Fred: The Show' is so much fun to work on. The whole crew, the whole cast, everyone is amazing. What's really cool is on that show, you get to show both sides - singing and acting - which is right up my alley."
Details of the show are still being worked out, but Crow can promise, "It's going to be edgy and really funny." She went on sharing, "The goal with the pilot is to reach boy and girl audiences, because that's hard to do. We're still deciding if it's going to be one topic or any topic... I want to land the moms and the dads too, so hopefully it will be a family show."
Crow will appear in at least five episodes of the new show, which is expected to air this spring. Singing praise for the young star, Nickelodeon's Talent Strategy and West Coast Operations EVP Paula Kaplan stated, "Rachel is an original. She's funny, genuine and has raw talent and a passion for performing."
Cowell has also congratulated Crow on her TV deal. "It's incredible," he recently said of his former protege's success. "Along came Nickelodeon, which is such a perfect fit for her. She's one of the most determined people I've met in my life."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes