'War Horse' Actor Cast on 'Downton Abbey', David Boreanaz Poised to Join the Show
Matt Milne might have been added to the cast ensemble of "Downton Abbey" season 3. Reports say the Andrew Easton of Steven Spielberg-directed "War Horse" has signed up to portray a new footman named Alfred, who is also the nephew of O'Brien.
While Milne has reportedly joined the show, David Boreanaz is lobbying for a role on the Golden Globe-winning series. On Monday, February 20, the Seeley Booth of "Bones" tweeted, "I'd like to be that American cowboy who shakes things up at Downton Abbey. I'm open for a visit Mr Fellowes. #ITV @masterpiecepbs"
In another message posted on his Twitter page, the former "Angel" actor praised the show by writing, " 'Downton Abbey', Masterpiece Classic. Great series great Production value. Support PBS."
The "American cowboy" that Boreanaz wants to play refers to a man whom Robert Crawley wants his daughter, Lady Mary, to marry. "I want a good man for you. A brave man. Find a cowboy in the Middle West and bring him back to shake us up a bit," Earl of Grantham told his eldest daughter in the season finale of the show.
"Downton Abbey" is currently gearing up for the production of season 3, which is scheduled to start this spring. The period drama series is expected to premiere in the U.S. in early 2013. Shirley MacLaine has previously been cast as Lady Grantham's mother, Martha Levinson.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences