'War Horse' Actor Cast on 'Downton Abbey', David Boreanaz Poised to Join the Show
Matt Milne might have been added to the cast ensemble of "Downton Abbey" season 3. Reports say the Andrew Easton of Steven Spielberg-directed "War Horse" has signed up to portray a new footman named Alfred, who is also the nephew of O'Brien.
While Milne has reportedly joined the show, David Boreanaz is lobbying for a role on the Golden Globe-winning series. On Monday, February 20, the Seeley Booth of "Bones" tweeted, "I'd like to be that American cowboy who shakes things up at Downton Abbey. I'm open for a visit Mr Fellowes. #ITV @masterpiecepbs"
In another message posted on his Twitter page, the former "Angel" actor praised the show by writing, " 'Downton Abbey', Masterpiece Classic. Great series great Production value. Support PBS."
The "American cowboy" that Boreanaz wants to play refers to a man whom Robert Crawley wants his daughter, Lady Mary, to marry. "I want a good man for you. A brave man. Find a cowboy in the Middle West and bring him back to shake us up a bit," Earl of Grantham told his eldest daughter in the season finale of the show.
"Downton Abbey" is currently gearing up for the production of season 3, which is scheduled to start this spring. The period drama series is expected to premiere in the U.S. in early 2013. Shirley MacLaine has previously been cast as Lady Grantham's mother, Martha Levinson.
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof