'War Horse' Actor Cast on 'Downton Abbey', David Boreanaz Poised to Join the Show
Matt Milne might have been added to the cast ensemble of "Downton Abbey" season 3. Reports say the Andrew Easton of Steven Spielberg-directed "War Horse" has signed up to portray a new footman named Alfred, who is also the nephew of O'Brien.
While Milne has reportedly joined the show, David Boreanaz is lobbying for a role on the Golden Globe-winning series. On Monday, February 20, the Seeley Booth of "Bones" tweeted, "I'd like to be that American cowboy who shakes things up at Downton Abbey. I'm open for a visit Mr Fellowes. #ITV @masterpiecepbs"
In another message posted on his Twitter page, the former "Angel" actor praised the show by writing, " 'Downton Abbey', Masterpiece Classic. Great series great Production value. Support PBS."
The "American cowboy" that Boreanaz wants to play refers to a man whom Robert Crawley wants his daughter, Lady Mary, to marry. "I want a good man for you. A brave man. Find a cowboy in the Middle West and bring him back to shake us up a bit," Earl of Grantham told his eldest daughter in the season finale of the show.
"Downton Abbey" is currently gearing up for the production of season 3, which is scheduled to start this spring. The period drama series is expected to premiere in the U.S. in early 2013. Shirley MacLaine has previously been cast as Lady Grantham's mother, Martha Levinson.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win