Shakira Signs Deal With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Shakira is no longer under the management of Epic, XXL magazine reported. The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker has allegedly signed a contract with Roc Nation for management, joining the likes of Rihanna, Willow Smith, and Wale.
In the Roc Nation, Shakira will be under the same management with artists such as Melanie Fiona and J. Cole. The other musicians who also put their career in the company which was founded by Jay-Z and Kanye West are Santigold, Alexis Jordan, and Jay Electronica.
Earlier this month, Shakira was attacked by a sea lion while vacationing in Cape Town, South Africa. "Suddenly, one of them jumped out of the water so fast and impetuously that it got about one foot away from me, looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me," she reported the accident on her Facebook page.
"Everyone there screamed, including me. I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't move, I just kept eye contact with it while my brother 'Super Tony' jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast," she continued. "We both got our hands and legs scratched by the rocks while trying to protect ourselves."
More Shakira News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart