Shakira Signs Deal With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Shakira is no longer under the management of Epic, XXL magazine reported. The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker has allegedly signed a contract with Roc Nation for management, joining the likes of Rihanna, Willow Smith, and Wale.
In the Roc Nation, Shakira will be under the same management with artists such as Melanie Fiona and J. Cole. The other musicians who also put their career in the company which was founded by Jay-Z and Kanye West are Santigold, Alexis Jordan, and Jay Electronica.
Earlier this month, Shakira was attacked by a sea lion while vacationing in Cape Town, South Africa. "Suddenly, one of them jumped out of the water so fast and impetuously that it got about one foot away from me, looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me," she reported the accident on her Facebook page.
"Everyone there screamed, including me. I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't move, I just kept eye contact with it while my brother 'Super Tony' jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast," she continued. "We both got our hands and legs scratched by the rocks while trying to protect ourselves."
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media