Michael Douglas Officially Joins Oscars' List of Presenters
Another A-list actor has been added to the stellar list of presenters for the 2012 Academy Awards. On Monday, February 20, Oscars telecast producers Brian Grazer and Don Mischer announced that veteran thesp Michael Douglas would do the honor to tackle the presenting duty at the upcoming prestigious prize-giving event.
It is still unclear what prize Douglas will present at next week's Oscars. The two-time Oscar winner has presented the Best Picture kudo three times before, including in 2003. At that time, along with his father Kirk Douglas, he presented the coveted award to "Chicago", in which his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones starred in and won the Best Supporting Actress trophy.
Douglas is set to join other big names who have previously been picked to serve as the presenters at this year's Oscars. They include Halle Berry, Tina Fey, Bradley Cooper, Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Penelope Cruz, Angelina Jolie, Tom Hanks, Milla Jovovich, Ben Stiller, Emma Stone, the cast of "Bridesmaids", and also "The Muppets" iconic puppets Kermit and Miss Piggy.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 is scheduled to be held on Sunday, February 26, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. With Billy Crystal serving as the host for the ninth time, the much awaited show will be televised live in more than 225 countries by the ABC Television Network.
As for Douglas, the actor was most recently seen starring in Steven Soderbergh's female-centric action movie "Haywire". He will next be seen in another Soderbergh's project, "Behind the Candelbra", a biopic about famed pianist Liberace.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound