Michael Douglas Officially Joins Oscars' List of Presenters
Another A-list actor has been added to the stellar list of presenters for the 2012 Academy Awards. On Monday, February 20, Oscars telecast producers Brian Grazer and Don Mischer announced that veteran thesp Michael Douglas would do the honor to tackle the presenting duty at the upcoming prestigious prize-giving event.
It is still unclear what prize Douglas will present at next week's Oscars. The two-time Oscar winner has presented the Best Picture kudo three times before, including in 2003. At that time, along with his father Kirk Douglas, he presented the coveted award to "Chicago", in which his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones starred in and won the Best Supporting Actress trophy.
Douglas is set to join other big names who have previously been picked to serve as the presenters at this year's Oscars. They include Halle Berry, Tina Fey, Bradley Cooper, Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Penelope Cruz, Angelina Jolie, Tom Hanks, Milla Jovovich, Ben Stiller, Emma Stone, the cast of "Bridesmaids", and also "The Muppets" iconic puppets Kermit and Miss Piggy.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 is scheduled to be held on Sunday, February 26, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. With Billy Crystal serving as the host for the ninth time, the much awaited show will be televised live in more than 225 countries by the ABC Television Network.
As for Douglas, the actor was most recently seen starring in Steven Soderbergh's female-centric action movie "Haywire". He will next be seen in another Soderbergh's project, "Behind the Candelbra", a biopic about famed pianist Liberace.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says