Cheryl Tiegs on 'Celebrity Apprentice': It's Very Mean-Spirited
Although she only had a chance to appear in one episode of "The Celebrity Apprentice", Cheryl Tiegs has had something to learn about the show. Stopping by "The Wendy Williams Show" on Monday, February 20 after her elimination was featured in the premiere of the reality show's fifth season, the former supermodel described the situation during the competition as "very mean-spirited."
"I didn't like bullying in high school, let alone as an adult," she tried to explain when host Wendy Williams asked if she had seen the show, which is known for its backstabbing and celebrity meltdowns, before. The 64-year-old said she had seen it, but she wanted to show something different through her performance.
"I've been on the cover of Time magazine three times, not for my beauty but because what I was doing was newsworthy around the world. I've worked with teams all my life, but I've been nice and I've been kind and I've been good," Tiegs elaborated. "And I thought I'd bring something to 'Celebrity Apprentice', I'm going to let America know that you don't have to be back-stabbing and mean-spirited in order to a challenge."
In the Sunday, February 19 outing of "Celebrity Apprentice", Tiegs was brought into the Boardroom along with Victoria Gotti and project manager Patricia Velasquez after the women team, Forbes, lost in the first challenge. Tiegs admitted she didn't feel the show's right for her before Donald Trump fired her.
Still, the former "True Beauty" judge claimed she did a good job on the show. "To be honest with you, I think I did as good a job as I could. I did a lot of things that I don't think people recognized," she said upon her departure. "I don't think this environment was right for me, and I'm as smart as any of the women here - but I think there was a toughness that they had that I don't ever want to have."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences