Jeremy Renner Takes Risky Slide in New 'Bourne Legacy' Image
Jeremy Renner is featured doing what looks like a dangerous stunt in a brand new image from "The Bourne Legacy". Being released in the latest issue of Empire magazine, the photo gives a fresh look at Renner's protagonist character as he slides down on a gap between two walls.
In the fourth "Bourne" movie, Renner will be introduced as a new hero, Aaron Cross, whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films. The upcoming film won't see Matt Damon returning as Jason Bourne anymore, but Renner once promised that it will be bigger than the previous movies.
Major plot details of the anticipated action flick are still kept under wraps. Nonetheless, director Tony Gilroy revealed that this new "Bourne" film will be a standalone one. "It's a completely original screenplay. This is not a reboot or a recast or a prequel. No one's replacing Matt Damon. There will be a whole new hero, a whole new chapter...this is a standalone project," so he stated.
In addition to working behind the lens, Gilroy serves as the screenwriter along with Joshua Zetumer and George Nolfi. Joining Renner in the casting department are such actors as Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Oscar Isaac, Joan Allen as well as Albert Finney.
Universal Pictures has scheduled August 3 as the day when "Bourne Legacy" will open wide in the U.S. theaters.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie