Artist of the Week: Bon Iver
Bon Iver became the talks of the town after the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. The band fronted by Justin Vernon were among the few who walked home with more than one coveted kudo at the prestigious music event.
Out of the four nods they received, Iver won two. They were awarded Best Alternative Music Album at the pre-telecast, thanks to their album "Bon Iver". They added another gong by taking home Best New Artist title during the main show.
The band won the former category over Foster the People, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket and Radiohead. They, meanwhile, received the latter prize after besting The Band Perry, Nicki Minaj, Skrillex and J. Cole.
Bon Iver also gained momentum on the charts. The indie group debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with the self-titled effort, and ruled at least three other U.S. album charts including Alternative Albums and Rock Albums charts.
Justin and his friends have mapped out a tour starting April 12 this year. Their tour stops will include Coachella Music & Arts Festival and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Fans can visit their official website for more detailed info about their upcoming shows.
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her