Artist of the Week: Bon Iver
Bon Iver became the talks of the town after the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. The band fronted by Justin Vernon were among the few who walked home with more than one coveted kudo at the prestigious music event.
Out of the four nods they received, Iver won two. They were awarded Best Alternative Music Album at the pre-telecast, thanks to their album "Bon Iver". They added another gong by taking home Best New Artist title during the main show.
The band won the former category over Foster the People, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket and Radiohead. They, meanwhile, received the latter prize after besting The Band Perry, Nicki Minaj, Skrillex and J. Cole.
Bon Iver also gained momentum on the charts. The indie group debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with the self-titled effort, and ruled at least three other U.S. album charts including Alternative Albums and Rock Albums charts.
Justin and his friends have mapped out a tour starting April 12 this year. Their tour stops will include Coachella Music & Arts Festival and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Fans can visit their official website for more detailed info about their upcoming shows.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope