Artist of the Week: Bon Iver
Bon Iver became the talks of the town after the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. The band fronted by Justin Vernon were among the few who walked home with more than one coveted kudo at the prestigious music event.
Out of the four nods they received, Iver won two. They were awarded Best Alternative Music Album at the pre-telecast, thanks to their album "Bon Iver". They added another gong by taking home Best New Artist title during the main show.
The band won the former category over Foster the People, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket and Radiohead. They, meanwhile, received the latter prize after besting The Band Perry, Nicki Minaj, Skrillex and J. Cole.
Bon Iver also gained momentum on the charts. The indie group debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with the self-titled effort, and ruled at least three other U.S. album charts including Alternative Albums and Rock Albums charts.
Justin and his friends have mapped out a tour starting April 12 this year. Their tour stops will include Coachella Music & Arts Festival and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Fans can visit their official website for more detailed info about their upcoming shows.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'