Artist of the Week: Bon Iver
Bon Iver became the talks of the town after the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. The band fronted by Justin Vernon were among the few who walked home with more than one coveted kudo at the prestigious music event.
Out of the four nods they received, Iver won two. They were awarded Best Alternative Music Album at the pre-telecast, thanks to their album "Bon Iver". They added another gong by taking home Best New Artist title during the main show.
The band won the former category over Foster the People, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket and Radiohead. They, meanwhile, received the latter prize after besting The Band Perry, Nicki Minaj, Skrillex and J. Cole.
Bon Iver also gained momentum on the charts. The indie group debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with the self-titled effort, and ruled at least three other U.S. album charts including Alternative Albums and Rock Albums charts.
Justin and his friends have mapped out a tour starting April 12 this year. Their tour stops will include Coachella Music & Arts Festival and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Fans can visit their official website for more detailed info about their upcoming shows.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart