Artist of the Week: Bon Iver
Bon Iver became the talks of the town after the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. The band fronted by Justin Vernon were among the few who walked home with more than one coveted kudo at the prestigious music event.
Out of the four nods they received, Iver won two. They were awarded Best Alternative Music Album at the pre-telecast, thanks to their album "Bon Iver". They added another gong by taking home Best New Artist title during the main show.
The band won the former category over Foster the People, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket and Radiohead. They, meanwhile, received the latter prize after besting The Band Perry, Nicki Minaj, Skrillex and J. Cole.
Bon Iver also gained momentum on the charts. The indie group debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with the self-titled effort, and ruled at least three other U.S. album charts including Alternative Albums and Rock Albums charts.
Justin and his friends have mapped out a tour starting April 12 this year. Their tour stops will include Coachella Music & Arts Festival and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Fans can visit their official website for more detailed info about their upcoming shows.
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role