First 'Amazing Spider-Man' Clip: Peter Parker Meets Gwen Stacy's Intimidating Doorman
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has unleashed its first clip. Coming out via Mark of the Spider-Man, the fresh snippet sees Peter Parker trying to visit Gwen Stacy at her family's apartment. A doorman at her residence, however, comes in his way because Peter is hesitant to show what he has inside his backpack.
Peter Parker is an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. He is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen, and together, they struggle with love, commitment and secrets.
After discovering a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, Peter begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance, leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connor's alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter is forced to make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.
Directed by Marc Webb, "The Amazing Spider-Man" will open wide in theaters across the U.S. on July 3. Andrew Garfield tackles the titular role, while Emma Stone and Denis Leary take the part of his love interest, Gwen, and her father Captain George Stacy. The cast is also supported by Rhys Ifans, who plays Dr. Connor, as well as Martin Sheen and Sally Field, who star as Ben and May Parker.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son