'SNL': Maya Rudolph Plays Beyonce and Michelle Obama
Maya Rudolph hosted the February 18 episode of "Saturday Night Live", posing as Beyonce Knowles and Michelle Obama among others. Rudolph, however, did not reprise her famous impersonation of Whitney Houston who died last week.
As Beyonce, Rudolph welcomes her celebrity friends such as Prince, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, LL Cool J, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Bon Iver who were at her home to see her daughter Blue Ivy. Minaj managed to scare Prince with her musical tribute for the baby, Swift did not say a word but wore her awestruck expression, while Brad and Angelina almost stole Blue. Bon Iver's frontman was played by Justin Timberlake who resembled Justin Vernon with the beards and thinning hair wig. Timberlake mocked Justin Vernon's style of singing, which was putting himself to sleep.
Another spot-on sketch by Rudolph was the recreation of the opening credits of "The Cosby Show". While Fred Armisen portrays the U.S. President Barrack Obama, Rudolph tackles Michelle. "The Obama Show" was about the first lady's campaign in fighting obesity. She convinced her husband to eat a rice cake instead of an unhealthy hoagie.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy