'SNL': Maya Rudolph Plays Beyonce and Michelle Obama
Maya Rudolph hosted the February 18 episode of "Saturday Night Live", posing as Beyonce Knowles and Michelle Obama among others. Rudolph, however, did not reprise her famous impersonation of Whitney Houston who died last week.
As Beyonce, Rudolph welcomes her celebrity friends such as Prince, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, LL Cool J, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Bon Iver who were at her home to see her daughter Blue Ivy. Minaj managed to scare Prince with her musical tribute for the baby, Swift did not say a word but wore her awestruck expression, while Brad and Angelina almost stole Blue. Bon Iver's frontman was played by Justin Timberlake who resembled Justin Vernon with the beards and thinning hair wig. Timberlake mocked Justin Vernon's style of singing, which was putting himself to sleep.
Another spot-on sketch by Rudolph was the recreation of the opening credits of "The Cosby Show". While Fred Armisen portrays the U.S. President Barrack Obama, Rudolph tackles Michelle. "The Obama Show" was about the first lady's campaign in fighting obesity. She convinced her husband to eat a rice cake instead of an unhealthy hoagie.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes