Whitney Houston's Funeral: Red-Eyed Bobby Brown Left Early
Bobby Brown was indeed present at Whitney Houston's funeral but he was not alone and did not stay until the end. The singer, who was married to Whitney for 15 years, brought along with him nine people to New Hope Baptist church, hoping that all of them would be seated in the family section which was the front row.
According to The Star Ledger, Brown was admitted to the church but his entourage, which included his daughters Landon and LaPrincia, were asked to leave. Bobby went in, touched the casket and left. "He was allowed to go in, pay his respects and then he had to leave," a witness told Us Weekly. "He was red-eyed going up to the casket and then left. He was there for 15 minutes."
Bobby was not asked to leave but he chose not to stay, riding off in a black Cadillac SUV. He has a scheduled concert at the Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut tonight.
Bobby and Whitney were married in 1992 and had tumultuous relationship that ended with domestic violence and drug abuse. Their divorce was finalized in 2007.
More Bobby Brown News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video