Britney Spears Paying Beauty Company in Settlement of Perfume Deal Lawsuit
Britney Spears has reportedly put an end to a lawsuit that accused her of fraud and deceit. According to TMZ, the "Till the World Ends" singer has finally settled the suit filed by Brand Sense Partners, LLC, the beauty company that helped her to secure a perfume deal with Elizabeth Arden.
Words are, Britney has agreed to pay Brand Sense Partners. The gossip site claimed that the 30-year-old, who has gotten engaged to longtime boyfriend Jason Trawick in December 2011, paid the beauty company commissions for a period of years as well as a lump sum. The financial terms of the settlement, however, are being kept private.
Brand Sense Partners accused Britney and her father Jamie Spears of fraud, deceit and breach of contract back in 2011. The company filed their suit in Los Angeles Superior Court in March, claiming the father and daughter duo robbed it of its commission from "any and all products" the singer worked on with Elizabeth Arden, including her Radiance fragrance.
The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker was also accused of making "a separate deal with Elizabeth Arden in a sneaky underhanded effort to circumvent and evade its obligations to Brand Sense." Brand Sense also noted in its suit that Jamie was caught "red handed" acknowledging the deal, but then "complained that the commission was too high and said that Britney did not want to pay it."
More Britney Spears News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'