Chris Colfer Stops at Nothing to Achieve Dream in First 'Struck by Lightning' Trailer
The first trailer for Chris Colfer's coming-of-age comedy "Struck by Lighting" has been debuted. Coming out via E! News, the sneak peek gives a look at the "Glee" actor as Carson Phillips, an outcast in his high school who blackmails his classmates into contributing to his literary journal.
While Carson threatens his fellow students with their secrets, his mom Sheryl looks for a way to reconnect with him as he prepares to head off to college. The story is told in flashback from Carson's perspective after he is struck and killed by a lightning in the opening scene of the movie.
Chris, who writes the screenplay, once said that this comedy is "about all the kinds in high school who are overachieving in their own right and under-appreciated for it just like I was." He added, "I think it's very sarcastic and very real. I hope it goes to show that there are still lots and lots of smart kids out in the world. It's about smart kids and not about stupid kids who wanna get laid and that's their biggest goal in life."
Directed by Brian Dannelly, "Struck by Lightning" has Allison Janney portraying Carson's "not-so-happy" mother Sheryl and Rebel Wilson playing his best friend Malerie. Also included in the cast ensemble are Christina Hendricks, Sarah Hyland, Ashley Rickards and Dermot Mulroney. The movie hasn't had a U.S. release date.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full