Chris Colfer Stops at Nothing to Achieve Dream in First 'Struck by Lightning' Trailer
The first trailer for Chris Colfer's coming-of-age comedy "Struck by Lighting" has been debuted. Coming out via E! News, the sneak peek gives a look at the "Glee" actor as Carson Phillips, an outcast in his high school who blackmails his classmates into contributing to his literary journal.
While Carson threatens his fellow students with their secrets, his mom Sheryl looks for a way to reconnect with him as he prepares to head off to college. The story is told in flashback from Carson's perspective after he is struck and killed by a lightning in the opening scene of the movie.
Chris, who writes the screenplay, once said that this comedy is "about all the kinds in high school who are overachieving in their own right and under-appreciated for it just like I was." He added, "I think it's very sarcastic and very real. I hope it goes to show that there are still lots and lots of smart kids out in the world. It's about smart kids and not about stupid kids who wanna get laid and that's their biggest goal in life."
Directed by Brian Dannelly, "Struck by Lightning" has Allison Janney portraying Carson's "not-so-happy" mother Sheryl and Rebel Wilson playing his best friend Malerie. Also included in the cast ensemble are Christina Hendricks, Sarah Hyland, Ashley Rickards and Dermot Mulroney. The movie hasn't had a U.S. release date.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit