Nick Cannon: It Was Eerie Hearing Whitney Houston's Death in My Hospital Bed
Nick Cannon is opening up how Whitney Houston's death plays a part in him deciding to step down from his radio hosting gig. Speaking to ET on Friday, February 17, the "America's Got Talent" host admitted that he found it eerie learning about the tragic news when he was being treated in the hospital for blood clots in his lungs.
"I was in my hospital bed looking up, seeing all this go down," the 31-year-old TV personality first recalled. He went on to add, "Nobody knew at the time so it was a lot of emotions going on to know that I had such a life-threatening health scare and then [Whitney died]...It was eerie, it was sad."
Of his current condition, Cannon said, "I'm feeling good. But we're taking it one day at a time. We're making sure that, like, I got out of the hospital actually earlier this week, at the beginning of the week and I wanted to make sure that I could come out here and do this and be healthy so I'm taking it one day at a time."
While he's busy filming portion of the "AGT" auditions in Los Angeles, the husband of Mariah Carey still tries to work out his schedule so that he can attend Houston's funeral this coming Saturday, February 18. "I'm going to try my best to see if I could get back there to be there for the memorial and you know, be there to support my wife as well so we're figuring it out," he said.
Earlier on the same day, Cannon released a statement on 92.3 NOW FM's website announcing his resignation from his morning show. "Under doctor's orders, I have been asked to put my health first and cut back on some of my professional commitments in order to allow my body to get the rest that it needs to keep up with the demands of my multitasking schedule," he said.
The announcement came days after Cannon told his listeners about his Friday, February 10 hospitalization during a broadcast. At the time, he revealed that he had "two blood clots" in his lungs in addition to an enlarged ventricle on the right side of his heart. He added, "My doctor was saying that my work is going to kill me - and he's not joking."
More Nick Cannon News
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos