Robert Pattinson Looks Elegant, Christina Ricci Goes Glam at 'Bel Ami' Berlinale Premiere
Robert Pattinson's period drama "Bel Ami" has been premiered at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival on Friday evening, February 17. Along with his co-star, Christina Ricci, Pattinson was bombarded by a lot of screaming fans as he stepped on the red carpet of the special screening taking place at the Berlinale Palast.
Showing off his shaven head, the Edward Cullen of the "Twilight Saga" film series brought charm to the event with his dapper look. The British heartthrob opted to go with a sleek three-piece black suit that he paired with a three-quarter-length coat. He was at some points spotted cracking smiles while posing for swarming photographers.
Joining Pattinson on the red carpet was Ricci, who became the belle of the ball during the night. The brunette beauty stole the limelight with her low-cut floorlength Jenny Packham seqined gown that she combined with Calvin Klein clutch and Casadei heels. The 32-year-old actress finished off her dazzling look with jewelries by Pomellato and Samira.
Another co-star spotted that night was blond beauty Holliday Grainger. The 23-year-old actress looked glamorous in a maxi velvet blue dress and a black miniaudiere. Director duo Declan Donnellan an Nick Ormerod were also on hands at the special screening. The two filmmakers looked matching in traditional two-piece black suits and white shirts.
In "Bel Ami", Pattinson stars as George Duroy, a penniless soldier who, while traveling through 1890s Paris, gains power by seducing the wives of French socialites. Using his wits and power of seduction, he moves from prostitute's embrace to passionate tryst with wealthy beauties who inhabit where sex is power and celebrity is an obsession, and where politics and media jostle for influence.
Rachel Bennette pens the script based on a short story by Guy de Maupassant. Also supporting the film are Uma Thurman, Colm Meaney, Philip Glenister, Kristin Scott Thomas and James Lance. After being screened at this year's Berlinale, the drama will open in the U.K. sometime in March, but it still hasn't set a U.S. release date.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns