Victoria Beckham Made Britain's Ambassador of Fashion
For her good taste in fashion, Victoria Adams aka Victoria Beckham has been selected as the ambassador of British fashion. The former Spice Girl will take part in VisitBritain's "Great" campaign, shooting a short film called "Fashion is Great" where her creations will be featured as well.
Announced at New York Fashion Week, Victoria's participation was topped off with others' such as Vogue's Anna Wintour and Hamish Bowles, models Karen Elson and Jourdan Dunn, Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, Tamara Mellon (the former head of Jimmy Choo), and designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone. Photographer Patrick Demarchelier took an official photograph of the ambassadors in a subway platform beneath New York's Grand Central Station.
"British fashion is a hugely important global industry and our designers have the talent, creativity and skills to rival anywhere in the world," Prime Minister David Cameron said about the campaign. "Contributing over 20GBP billion to the British economy each year, our industry inspires. Fashion is a truly great British success story."
British ambassador to the U.S., Sir Peter Westmacott, said at the launch event in New York Grand Central Station, "As the U.K. gears up for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, there's no better time to celebrate the best that Britain has to offer."
More Victoria Adams News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video