Victoria Beckham Made Britain's Ambassador of Fashion
For her good taste in fashion, Victoria Adams aka Victoria Beckham has been selected as the ambassador of British fashion. The former Spice Girl will take part in VisitBritain's "Great" campaign, shooting a short film called "Fashion is Great" where her creations will be featured as well.
Announced at New York Fashion Week, Victoria's participation was topped off with others' such as Vogue's Anna Wintour and Hamish Bowles, models Karen Elson and Jourdan Dunn, Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, Tamara Mellon (the former head of Jimmy Choo), and designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone. Photographer Patrick Demarchelier took an official photograph of the ambassadors in a subway platform beneath New York's Grand Central Station.
"British fashion is a hugely important global industry and our designers have the talent, creativity and skills to rival anywhere in the world," Prime Minister David Cameron said about the campaign. "Contributing over 20GBP billion to the British economy each year, our industry inspires. Fashion is a truly great British success story."
British ambassador to the U.S., Sir Peter Westmacott, said at the launch event in New York Grand Central Station, "As the U.K. gears up for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, there's no better time to celebrate the best that Britain has to offer."
More Victoria Adams News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival