Victoria Beckham Made Britain's Ambassador of Fashion
For her good taste in fashion, Victoria Adams aka Victoria Beckham has been selected as the ambassador of British fashion. The former Spice Girl will take part in VisitBritain's "Great" campaign, shooting a short film called "Fashion is Great" where her creations will be featured as well.
Announced at New York Fashion Week, Victoria's participation was topped off with others' such as Vogue's Anna Wintour and Hamish Bowles, models Karen Elson and Jourdan Dunn, Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, Tamara Mellon (the former head of Jimmy Choo), and designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone. Photographer Patrick Demarchelier took an official photograph of the ambassadors in a subway platform beneath New York's Grand Central Station.
"British fashion is a hugely important global industry and our designers have the talent, creativity and skills to rival anywhere in the world," Prime Minister David Cameron said about the campaign. "Contributing over 20GBP billion to the British economy each year, our industry inspires. Fashion is a truly great British success story."
British ambassador to the U.S., Sir Peter Westmacott, said at the launch event in New York Grand Central Station, "As the U.K. gears up for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, there's no better time to celebrate the best that Britain has to offer."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked