Victoria Beckham Made Britain's Ambassador of Fashion
For her good taste in fashion, Victoria Adams aka Victoria Beckham has been selected as the ambassador of British fashion. The former Spice Girl will take part in VisitBritain's "Great" campaign, shooting a short film called "Fashion is Great" where her creations will be featured as well.
Announced at New York Fashion Week, Victoria's participation was topped off with others' such as Vogue's Anna Wintour and Hamish Bowles, models Karen Elson and Jourdan Dunn, Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, Tamara Mellon (the former head of Jimmy Choo), and designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone. Photographer Patrick Demarchelier took an official photograph of the ambassadors in a subway platform beneath New York's Grand Central Station.
"British fashion is a hugely important global industry and our designers have the talent, creativity and skills to rival anywhere in the world," Prime Minister David Cameron said about the campaign. "Contributing over 20GBP billion to the British economy each year, our industry inspires. Fashion is a truly great British success story."
British ambassador to the U.S., Sir Peter Westmacott, said at the launch event in New York Grand Central Station, "As the U.K. gears up for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, there's no better time to celebrate the best that Britain has to offer."
More Victoria Adams News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic