Nigel Lythgoe Responds to Simon's Idea to Put 'Idol' Winner Against 'X Factor' and 'Voice' Champs
The rivalry among "American Idol", "The Voice" and "The X Factor (US)" apparently gives Simon Cowell an idea to hold "a super final" for the champions of three shows. "Maybe the winner of @TheXFactorUSA this yr should compete with winner of The Voice & Idol in a super final. Just a thought. I'd be up for it," so he proposes via a tweet.
Quickly responding to the "X Factor" judge's suggestion is Nigel Lythgoe. The executive producer of FOX's "Idol" writes on his own Twitter page, "@simoncowell suggests the IDOL winner should take on the voice and x-factor winners. The problem is the Idol winner will be a star by then."
None of the "Voice" camp has responded to the challenge proposed by Simon. Meanwhile, in another news it's reported that all four mentors of the NBC singing competition, Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, have signed up to return for the third season which will likely debut in the fall.
A spokeswoman for the Peacock, however, stated that "no final decisions have been made" regarding the next season of the show.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'