Nigel Lythgoe Responds to Simon's Idea to Put 'Idol' Winner Against 'X Factor' and 'Voice' Champs
The rivalry among "American Idol", "The Voice" and "The X Factor (US)" apparently gives Simon Cowell an idea to hold "a super final" for the champions of three shows. "Maybe the winner of @TheXFactorUSA this yr should compete with winner of The Voice & Idol in a super final. Just a thought. I'd be up for it," so he proposes via a tweet.
Quickly responding to the "X Factor" judge's suggestion is Nigel Lythgoe. The executive producer of FOX's "Idol" writes on his own Twitter page, "@simoncowell suggests the IDOL winner should take on the voice and x-factor winners. The problem is the Idol winner will be a star by then."
None of the "Voice" camp has responded to the challenge proposed by Simon. Meanwhile, in another news it's reported that all four mentors of the NBC singing competition, Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, have signed up to return for the third season which will likely debut in the fall.
A spokeswoman for the Peacock, however, stated that "no final decisions have been made" regarding the next season of the show.
More Simon Cowell News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio