Nigel Lythgoe Responds to Simon's Idea to Put 'Idol' Winner Against 'X Factor' and 'Voice' Champs
The rivalry among "American Idol", "The Voice" and "The X Factor (US)" apparently gives Simon Cowell an idea to hold "a super final" for the champions of three shows. "Maybe the winner of @TheXFactorUSA this yr should compete with winner of The Voice & Idol in a super final. Just a thought. I'd be up for it," so he proposes via a tweet.
Quickly responding to the "X Factor" judge's suggestion is Nigel Lythgoe. The executive producer of FOX's "Idol" writes on his own Twitter page, "@simoncowell suggests the IDOL winner should take on the voice and x-factor winners. The problem is the Idol winner will be a star by then."
None of the "Voice" camp has responded to the challenge proposed by Simon. Meanwhile, in another news it's reported that all four mentors of the NBC singing competition, Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, have signed up to return for the third season which will likely debut in the fall.
A spokeswoman for the Peacock, however, stated that "no final decisions have been made" regarding the next season of the show.
More Simon Cowell News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert