Nigel Lythgoe Responds to Simon's Idea to Put 'Idol' Winner Against 'X Factor' and 'Voice' Champs
The rivalry among "American Idol", "The Voice" and "The X Factor (US)" apparently gives Simon Cowell an idea to hold "a super final" for the champions of three shows. "Maybe the winner of @TheXFactorUSA this yr should compete with winner of The Voice & Idol in a super final. Just a thought. I'd be up for it," so he proposes via a tweet.
Quickly responding to the "X Factor" judge's suggestion is Nigel Lythgoe. The executive producer of FOX's "Idol" writes on his own Twitter page, "@simoncowell suggests the IDOL winner should take on the voice and x-factor winners. The problem is the Idol winner will be a star by then."
None of the "Voice" camp has responded to the challenge proposed by Simon. Meanwhile, in another news it's reported that all four mentors of the NBC singing competition, Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, have signed up to return for the third season which will likely debut in the fall.
A spokeswoman for the Peacock, however, stated that "no final decisions have been made" regarding the next season of the show.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party