Suspended Radio Hosts Issue Apology for Calling Whitney Houston a 'Crack Ho'
Popular radio duo, John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou, have expressed their remorse for making derogatory joke about the late Whitney Houston during an on-air discussion. In a statement released on Thursday, February 16, Kobylt admitted on behalf of himself and co-host Chiampou, "We made a mistake."
The host of "The John and Ken Show" went on to say that the two of them accept KFI AM 640's decision in suspending them from the air for a week and a half. "We used language that was inappropriate," he further acknowledged, "and we sincerely apologize to our listeners and to the family of Ms. Houston."
Along with Kobylt's apologetic statement, KFI AM 640 announced the immediate suspension of the pair because of the "insensitive and inappropriate comments" they made about the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" hitmaker. The station added, "KFI AM 640 Management does not condone, support or tolerate statements of this kind."
Kobylt called Houston a "crack ho" during a recent show. He said, "All her friends and hangers on, had to deal with her. It's like, 'ah, Jesus, here comes the crack ho again. What's she gonna do? Oh, look at that, she's doing handstands next to the pool. Very good, crack ho. nice.' After a while, everybody's exhausted. And then you find out she's dead."
He and Chiampou will return to the air again on Monday, February 27, but Alex Nogales, president and CEO of the National Hispanic Media Coalition, believes the "temporary suspension is not enough". He said in a statement, "How many times do John and Ken get to spew their hate, apologize and then do it again after taking off a long weekend? KFI must permanently remove John and Ken from the air. Los Angeles deserves better."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed