Suspended Radio Hosts Issue Apology for Calling Whitney Houston a 'Crack Ho'
Popular radio duo, John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou, have expressed their remorse for making derogatory joke about the late Whitney Houston during an on-air discussion. In a statement released on Thursday, February 16, Kobylt admitted on behalf of himself and co-host Chiampou, "We made a mistake."
The host of "The John and Ken Show" went on to say that the two of them accept KFI AM 640's decision in suspending them from the air for a week and a half. "We used language that was inappropriate," he further acknowledged, "and we sincerely apologize to our listeners and to the family of Ms. Houston."
Along with Kobylt's apologetic statement, KFI AM 640 announced the immediate suspension of the pair because of the "insensitive and inappropriate comments" they made about the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" hitmaker. The station added, "KFI AM 640 Management does not condone, support or tolerate statements of this kind."
Kobylt called Houston a "crack ho" during a recent show. He said, "All her friends and hangers on, had to deal with her. It's like, 'ah, Jesus, here comes the crack ho again. What's she gonna do? Oh, look at that, she's doing handstands next to the pool. Very good, crack ho. nice.' After a while, everybody's exhausted. And then you find out she's dead."
He and Chiampou will return to the air again on Monday, February 27, but Alex Nogales, president and CEO of the National Hispanic Media Coalition, believes the "temporary suspension is not enough". He said in a statement, "How many times do John and Ken get to spew their hate, apologize and then do it again after taking off a long weekend? KFI must permanently remove John and Ken from the air. Los Angeles deserves better."
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed