Report: Janet Jackson Is Interested to Join 'The X Factor (US)'
Janet Jackson could be one of the new judges on "The X Factor (US)". Though the 45-year-old songstress appeared to dismiss the rumor when she was interviewed on "Anderson", The Hollywood Reporter says that she is indeed in talks to join the second season of the reality series.
Confirming THR's report, E! Online learns from a source close to the sister of the late Michael Jackson that she "would like to do the reality show." However, it's not a done deal since the discussions are still in the early stages.
Janet was caught off guard when Anderson Cooper asked about her possible involvement on the U.S. version of "The X Factor". "Oh my God," she first responded to the question before she added with laugh, "No I'm not a judge on 'The X Factor'."
When the talk show host further pressed her by saying, "You're not currently a judge on 'The X Factor'," she replied, "No, I am not, but that's all I really think I should say."
Following Paula Abdul's and Nicole Scherzinger's exits, Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid are the only remaining judges on the show. The British producer remains mum on the potential replacements, but recently admitted that the late Whitney Houston was in consideration to fill one of the vacant spots.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered