Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys to Perform at Whitney Houston's Funeral
More details of Whitney Houston's upcoming funeral are revealed. According to A. Curtis Farrow of Newark-based Irving Street Rep company that's helping the Houstons organize the service, Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys are invited to sing.
In addition to those two, the funeral will have R. Kelly and Donnie McClurkin perform, the source furthermore revealed to the Star-Ledger. They will be joined in the tribute performance segment by Whitney's godmother Aretha Franklin.
The likes Elton John, Oprah Winfrey, David Bowie, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Bill Cosby, Chaka Khan, Tyler Perry, Diane Warren, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Bebe & CeCe Winans, L.A. Reid, Ray J and Brandy reportedly are among the invitees. Whitney's co-star in "The Bodyguard", Kevin Costner, is also expected to be there. Rumor has it, he will speak at the service along with her music-industry mentor, Clive Davis.
The funeral will be held this coming Saturday, February 18 at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey. It is expected to be made available both online and on television via satellite. Marvin L. Winans is going to deliver the eulogy in front of "invite only" guests. The gospel singer and pastor is a longtime friend of the Houstons, and the one who officiated Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown years ago.
More Stevie Wonder News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!