Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys to Perform at Whitney Houston's Funeral
More details of Whitney Houston's upcoming funeral are revealed. According to A. Curtis Farrow of Newark-based Irving Street Rep company that's helping the Houstons organize the service, Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys are invited to sing.
In addition to those two, the funeral will have R. Kelly and Donnie McClurkin perform, the source furthermore revealed to the Star-Ledger. They will be joined in the tribute performance segment by Whitney's godmother Aretha Franklin.
The likes Elton John, Oprah Winfrey, David Bowie, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Bill Cosby, Chaka Khan, Tyler Perry, Diane Warren, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Bebe & CeCe Winans, L.A. Reid, Ray J and Brandy reportedly are among the invitees. Whitney's co-star in "The Bodyguard", Kevin Costner, is also expected to be there. Rumor has it, he will speak at the service along with her music-industry mentor, Clive Davis.
The funeral will be held this coming Saturday, February 18 at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey. It is expected to be made available both online and on television via satellite. Marvin L. Winans is going to deliver the eulogy in front of "invite only" guests. The gospel singer and pastor is a longtime friend of the Houstons, and the one who officiated Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown years ago.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video