Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys to Perform at Whitney Houston's Funeral
More details of Whitney Houston's upcoming funeral are revealed. According to A. Curtis Farrow of Newark-based Irving Street Rep company that's helping the Houstons organize the service, Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys are invited to sing.
In addition to those two, the funeral will have R. Kelly and Donnie McClurkin perform, the source furthermore revealed to the Star-Ledger. They will be joined in the tribute performance segment by Whitney's godmother Aretha Franklin.
The likes Elton John, Oprah Winfrey, David Bowie, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Bill Cosby, Chaka Khan, Tyler Perry, Diane Warren, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Bebe & CeCe Winans, L.A. Reid, Ray J and Brandy reportedly are among the invitees. Whitney's co-star in "The Bodyguard", Kevin Costner, is also expected to be there. Rumor has it, he will speak at the service along with her music-industry mentor, Clive Davis.
The funeral will be held this coming Saturday, February 18 at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey. It is expected to be made available both online and on television via satellite. Marvin L. Winans is going to deliver the eulogy in front of "invite only" guests. The gospel singer and pastor is a longtime friend of the Houstons, and the one who officiated Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown years ago.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival