Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys to Perform at Whitney Houston's Funeral
More details of Whitney Houston's upcoming funeral are revealed. According to A. Curtis Farrow of Newark-based Irving Street Rep company that's helping the Houstons organize the service, Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys are invited to sing.
In addition to those two, the funeral will have R. Kelly and Donnie McClurkin perform, the source furthermore revealed to the Star-Ledger. They will be joined in the tribute performance segment by Whitney's godmother Aretha Franklin.
The likes Elton John, Oprah Winfrey, David Bowie, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Bill Cosby, Chaka Khan, Tyler Perry, Diane Warren, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Bebe & CeCe Winans, L.A. Reid, Ray J and Brandy reportedly are among the invitees. Whitney's co-star in "The Bodyguard", Kevin Costner, is also expected to be there. Rumor has it, he will speak at the service along with her music-industry mentor, Clive Davis.
The funeral will be held this coming Saturday, February 18 at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey. It is expected to be made available both online and on television via satellite. Marvin L. Winans is going to deliver the eulogy in front of "invite only" guests. The gospel singer and pastor is a longtime friend of the Houstons, and the one who officiated Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown years ago.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl