Prince William and Kate Middleton Turned Into Barbie Dolls for Wedding Anniversary
Prince William and Kate Middleton have got immortalized as collectible dolls. Toy giant Mattel announced on Wednesday, February 15 that the company will release a Ken and Barbie version of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in April in celebration of the royal couple's first wedding anniversary.
The limited edition of "William and Catherine Royal Wedding Giftset" has the couple's plastic replicas dressed in the garb they worn at Westminster Abbey. Kate's doll wears an ivory wedding gown with a lace torso and full skirt, and rocks an ivory veil, a sparkling tiara and matching drop earrings. Will's doll dons a replica of his scarlet Irish Guards colonel's uniform.
The pair of dolls is part of the Barbie Collector Editions, which also featured Edward and Bella from the "Twilight Saga" series. It will go on sale for $155 on April 7 on Amazon.com U.K., but has been made available for pre-order online at BarbieCollector.com for $100. Words are, they will not be offered in the United States.
Of the doll treatment, a Mattel spokesperson said, "William and Catherine are like a modern day Barbie and Ken. The whole world watched as the two were married in what was a real-life fairytale wedding." The rep added, "As a fashion icon, it is only appropriate that Barbie would pay tribute to this unforgettable fashion moment."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked