Prince William and Kate Middleton Turned Into Barbie Dolls for Wedding Anniversary
Prince William and Kate Middleton have got immortalized as collectible dolls. Toy giant Mattel announced on Wednesday, February 15 that the company will release a Ken and Barbie version of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in April in celebration of the royal couple's first wedding anniversary.
The limited edition of "William and Catherine Royal Wedding Giftset" has the couple's plastic replicas dressed in the garb they worn at Westminster Abbey. Kate's doll wears an ivory wedding gown with a lace torso and full skirt, and rocks an ivory veil, a sparkling tiara and matching drop earrings. Will's doll dons a replica of his scarlet Irish Guards colonel's uniform.
The pair of dolls is part of the Barbie Collector Editions, which also featured Edward and Bella from the "Twilight Saga" series. It will go on sale for $155 on April 7 on Amazon.com U.K., but has been made available for pre-order online at BarbieCollector.com for $100. Words are, they will not be offered in the United States.
Of the doll treatment, a Mattel spokesperson said, "William and Catherine are like a modern day Barbie and Ken. The whole world watched as the two were married in what was a real-life fairytale wedding." The rep added, "As a fashion icon, it is only appropriate that Barbie would pay tribute to this unforgettable fashion moment."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'