Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain Shut Down 'Dancing with the Stars' Rumors
Don't expect to see Michele Bachmann's name on the cast line-up of "Dancing with the Stars" season 14 when ABC makes the official announcement at the end of this month. Following speculations of her participation in the show, the congresswoman has stated that she will not compete on the show.
"In full disclosure, I did win a polka dancing competition when I was in the tenth grade at my alma mater, Anoka High School in Anoka, Minn.," she said in a statement. "But, despite my tenth grade polka success and my lifelong love of ballroom dancing, the recent rumors are false. I will not be joining 'Dancing with the Stars'."
Of her current goal, Bachmann explained, "My time and attention remains committed to creating more private sector jobs, and higher paying jobs, in the Sixth Congressional District. Serious issues face our nation. I'm continuing to push for cutting wasteful government spending, a successful conclusion to the decades-long St. Croix River Crossing Project in my district, and repealing the government takeover of health care."
Prior to Bachmann, her fellow former Republican presidential candidate, Herman Cain, also nixed the idea of him appearing on "DWTS". Lisa Reichert, an executive assistant for the Tea Party activist, reasoned, "He can't dance in an eight-count. He can only dance in a nine-count."
Other names emerging as possible contestants in the upcoming season of the dancing competition show include musician Gavin DeGraw and reality star Kyndra Mayo. Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow was also rumored to compete for the Mirror Ball trophy, but a representative for the football player has denied it as saying, "Tim does not have any interest in participating in the show."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video