Justin Bieber Gets Praised by Cancer-Stricken Fan's Mother for New York Meeting
Justin Bieber doesn't only win the heart of 6-year-old Avalanna Routh, but her mother's as well. The "Baby" hitmaker flew his cancer-stricken fan to New York to meet and spend a day with him last Monday, February 13, and her mother Aileen Roberts Routh has nothing but praises afterward.
"Avalanna had a wonderful time, meeting with Justin in New York," Aileen told E! News. "Justin is charming and interacted beautifully with Avalanna - it was our pleasure to meet with him." She added, "The meeting with Justin came about through a Facebook page and social media initiative and it all happened within a week...such a fun whirlwind week."
Avalanna has been battling ATRT (Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor), a rare form of brain cancer, since she was a baby. Her last wish was to meet Justin in person, prompting her mother to start a Facebook campaign called "Get Avalanna to Meet Justin Bieber", which quickly gained 12,000 supporters.
When Justin heard about his young fan, he flew her from Boston, Massachusetts and spent a day with her, playing board games and eating cupcakes and candy. After the meeting, he shared a photo of him kissing Avalanna on the cheek on Twitter with a note that read, "BEST PART OF MY DAY."
More Justin Bieber News
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly