Justin Bieber Gets Praised by Cancer-Stricken Fan's Mother for New York Meeting
Justin Bieber doesn't only win the heart of 6-year-old Avalanna Routh, but her mother's as well. The "Baby" hitmaker flew his cancer-stricken fan to New York to meet and spend a day with him last Monday, February 13, and her mother Aileen Roberts Routh has nothing but praises afterward.
"Avalanna had a wonderful time, meeting with Justin in New York," Aileen told E! News. "Justin is charming and interacted beautifully with Avalanna - it was our pleasure to meet with him." She added, "The meeting with Justin came about through a Facebook page and social media initiative and it all happened within a week...such a fun whirlwind week."
Avalanna has been battling ATRT (Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor), a rare form of brain cancer, since she was a baby. Her last wish was to meet Justin in person, prompting her mother to start a Facebook campaign called "Get Avalanna to Meet Justin Bieber", which quickly gained 12,000 supporters.
When Justin heard about his young fan, he flew her from Boston, Massachusetts and spent a day with her, playing board games and eating cupcakes and candy. After the meeting, he shared a photo of him kissing Avalanna on the cheek on Twitter with a note that read, "BEST PART OF MY DAY."
More Justin Bieber News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son