Justin Bieber Gets Praised by Cancer-Stricken Fan's Mother for New York Meeting
Justin Bieber doesn't only win the heart of 6-year-old Avalanna Routh, but her mother's as well. The "Baby" hitmaker flew his cancer-stricken fan to New York to meet and spend a day with him last Monday, February 13, and her mother Aileen Roberts Routh has nothing but praises afterward.
"Avalanna had a wonderful time, meeting with Justin in New York," Aileen told E! News. "Justin is charming and interacted beautifully with Avalanna - it was our pleasure to meet with him." She added, "The meeting with Justin came about through a Facebook page and social media initiative and it all happened within a week...such a fun whirlwind week."
Avalanna has been battling ATRT (Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor), a rare form of brain cancer, since she was a baby. Her last wish was to meet Justin in person, prompting her mother to start a Facebook campaign called "Get Avalanna to Meet Justin Bieber", which quickly gained 12,000 supporters.
When Justin heard about his young fan, he flew her from Boston, Massachusetts and spent a day with her, playing board games and eating cupcakes and candy. After the meeting, he shared a photo of him kissing Avalanna on the cheek on Twitter with a note that read, "BEST PART OF MY DAY."
More Justin Bieber News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child