Kal Penn to Headline ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Prairie Dogs'
Kal Penn has landed a lead role in ABC's comedy pilot "Prairie Dogs". The Kumar Patel in "Harold and Kumar" films is tapped to play a lowly cubicle worker named Neil, who becomes the victim of identity theft.
The thief, however, has created a much more fulfilling life with his identity than he ever has. Preferring the fake life he's been given to the boring one he was living, he enlists the charismatic conman to help him change his life.
The single camera sitcom is written and executive produced by Jackie and Jeff Filgo ("That '70s Show"). "Saturday Night Live" alumna Michaela Watkins has been earlier cast in the pilot.
Kal Penn previously had a regular role on "House M.D." as Lawrence Kutner. He left the show when he joined the Obama administration in 2009. The 34-year-old actor most recently recurred in this currently airing seventh season of "How I Met Your Mother" as Kevin.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head