Kal Penn to Headline ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Prairie Dogs'
Kal Penn has landed a lead role in ABC's comedy pilot "Prairie Dogs". The Kumar Patel in "Harold and Kumar" films is tapped to play a lowly cubicle worker named Neil, who becomes the victim of identity theft.
The thief, however, has created a much more fulfilling life with his identity than he ever has. Preferring the fake life he's been given to the boring one he was living, he enlists the charismatic conman to help him change his life.
The single camera sitcom is written and executive produced by Jackie and Jeff Filgo ("That '70s Show"). "Saturday Night Live" alumna Michaela Watkins has been earlier cast in the pilot.
Kal Penn previously had a regular role on "House M.D." as Lawrence Kutner. He left the show when he joined the Obama administration in 2009. The 34-year-old actor most recently recurred in this currently airing seventh season of "How I Met Your Mother" as Kevin.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal