Kal Penn to Headline ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Prairie Dogs'
Kal Penn has landed a lead role in ABC's comedy pilot "Prairie Dogs". The Kumar Patel in "Harold and Kumar" films is tapped to play a lowly cubicle worker named Neil, who becomes the victim of identity theft.
The thief, however, has created a much more fulfilling life with his identity than he ever has. Preferring the fake life he's been given to the boring one he was living, he enlists the charismatic conman to help him change his life.
The single camera sitcom is written and executive produced by Jackie and Jeff Filgo ("That '70s Show"). "Saturday Night Live" alumna Michaela Watkins has been earlier cast in the pilot.
Kal Penn previously had a regular role on "House M.D." as Lawrence Kutner. He left the show when he joined the Obama administration in 2009. The 34-year-old actor most recently recurred in this currently airing seventh season of "How I Met Your Mother" as Kevin.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women