Kal Penn to Headline ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Prairie Dogs'
Kal Penn has landed a lead role in ABC's comedy pilot "Prairie Dogs". The Kumar Patel in "Harold and Kumar" films is tapped to play a lowly cubicle worker named Neil, who becomes the victim of identity theft.
The thief, however, has created a much more fulfilling life with his identity than he ever has. Preferring the fake life he's been given to the boring one he was living, he enlists the charismatic conman to help him change his life.
The single camera sitcom is written and executive produced by Jackie and Jeff Filgo ("That '70s Show"). "Saturday Night Live" alumna Michaela Watkins has been earlier cast in the pilot.
Kal Penn previously had a regular role on "House M.D." as Lawrence Kutner. He left the show when he joined the Obama administration in 2009. The 34-year-old actor most recently recurred in this currently airing seventh season of "How I Met Your Mother" as Kevin.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers