Kal Penn to Headline ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Prairie Dogs'
Kal Penn has landed a lead role in ABC's comedy pilot "Prairie Dogs". The Kumar Patel in "Harold and Kumar" films is tapped to play a lowly cubicle worker named Neil, who becomes the victim of identity theft.
The thief, however, has created a much more fulfilling life with his identity than he ever has. Preferring the fake life he's been given to the boring one he was living, he enlists the charismatic conman to help him change his life.
The single camera sitcom is written and executive produced by Jackie and Jeff Filgo ("That '70s Show"). "Saturday Night Live" alumna Michaela Watkins has been earlier cast in the pilot.
Kal Penn previously had a regular role on "House M.D." as Lawrence Kutner. He left the show when he joined the Obama administration in 2009. The 34-year-old actor most recently recurred in this currently airing seventh season of "How I Met Your Mother" as Kevin.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says