'HIMYM' Boss Explains Decision to Revisit Ted and Robin's Possible Pairing
"How I Met Your Mother" left a cliffhanger in the end of its latest episode with [SPOILER ALERT!] Ted declaring his love for Robin. While it has been widely believed that Robin will not be the titular mother, executive producer Craig Thomas has an explanation why they revisit the idea of the pair.
"There's a new purpose for this happening for Ted and for Robin. It will spin off in a direction different from what we've seen before between the two of them," he argued. "We didn't feel like we were retreading ground."
Teasing what fans can expect when the show returns next week, Thomas revealed that Ted will ask for a response but assure Robin there's "no pressure." He went on describing, "It's sort of sweet and bittersweet. I like to think it goes in a direction that people won't see coming," before adding, "Robin's head is exploding."
While Thomas didn't divulge more details of the aftermath of Ted's confession, TV Guide has revealed that things won't go well for Ted after his love declaration. As the result, Barney will be setting Ted up on a series of "palate-cleansing" dates.
However, Barney's idea won't be helpful for Ted because "each girl Ted goes out with couldn't be more different from Robin - one is a hippie and another is a blinged-out hip-hop chick. But in Ted's mind, they're all just painful reminders of Robin."
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'