'HIMYM' Boss Explains Decision to Revisit Ted and Robin's Possible Pairing
"How I Met Your Mother" left a cliffhanger in the end of its latest episode with [SPOILER ALERT!] Ted declaring his love for Robin. While it has been widely believed that Robin will not be the titular mother, executive producer Craig Thomas has an explanation why they revisit the idea of the pair.
"There's a new purpose for this happening for Ted and for Robin. It will spin off in a direction different from what we've seen before between the two of them," he argued. "We didn't feel like we were retreading ground."
Teasing what fans can expect when the show returns next week, Thomas revealed that Ted will ask for a response but assure Robin there's "no pressure." He went on describing, "It's sort of sweet and bittersweet. I like to think it goes in a direction that people won't see coming," before adding, "Robin's head is exploding."
While Thomas didn't divulge more details of the aftermath of Ted's confession, TV Guide has revealed that things won't go well for Ted after his love declaration. As the result, Barney will be setting Ted up on a series of "palate-cleansing" dates.
However, Barney's idea won't be helpful for Ted because "each girl Ted goes out with couldn't be more different from Robin - one is a hippie and another is a blinged-out hip-hop chick. But in Ted's mind, they're all just painful reminders of Robin."
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body