Nina Dobrev Turning Down Offer to Get Naked in 'Boardwalk Empire'
Nina Dobrev has revealed that she once refused a role in "Boardwalk Empire" because she had to get naked. "You know, I actually turned down something, because of the nudity, for 'Boardwalk Empire'," she told E! News at the backstage of Monique Lhuillier fasion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on Saturday, February 11.
"But I was really young at the time. I'd just finished Degrassi, and I wasn't ready for it. But I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and I think if you're immersed in a role and if it's appropriate for the role, I say go for it," she went on explaining. "You just have to find the right role. But I think nudity has to be tasteful and appropriate and not gratuitous."
During the chat at The Theatre at Lincoln Center, Dobrev additionally talked about her recent racy photo shoot for Entertainment Weekly. She said of how she felt about the cover shoot, "Whether you're on set or on a photo shoot, those kinds of things-when there's a lot of people watching you-you have to be able to laugh. But they're always a little awkward, a little tense."
"I'm proud to say that up until this point, I've been able to keep my clothes on!" the Elena Gilbert of "The Vampire Diaries" went on. She jokingly said, "I've gotten to where I am and kept my clothes on, so now I've reached the point where you gotta start taking the layers off!"
More Nina Dobrev News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie