Nina Dobrev Turning Down Offer to Get Naked in 'Boardwalk Empire'
Nina Dobrev has revealed that she once refused a role in "Boardwalk Empire" because she had to get naked. "You know, I actually turned down something, because of the nudity, for 'Boardwalk Empire'," she told E! News at the backstage of Monique Lhuillier fasion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on Saturday, February 11.
"But I was really young at the time. I'd just finished Degrassi, and I wasn't ready for it. But I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and I think if you're immersed in a role and if it's appropriate for the role, I say go for it," she went on explaining. "You just have to find the right role. But I think nudity has to be tasteful and appropriate and not gratuitous."
During the chat at The Theatre at Lincoln Center, Dobrev additionally talked about her recent racy photo shoot for Entertainment Weekly. She said of how she felt about the cover shoot, "Whether you're on set or on a photo shoot, those kinds of things-when there's a lot of people watching you-you have to be able to laugh. But they're always a little awkward, a little tense."
"I'm proud to say that up until this point, I've been able to keep my clothes on!" the Elena Gilbert of "The Vampire Diaries" went on. She jokingly said, "I've gotten to where I am and kept my clothes on, so now I've reached the point where you gotta start taking the layers off!"
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie