Nina Dobrev Turning Down Offer to Get Naked in 'Boardwalk Empire'
Nina Dobrev has revealed that she once refused a role in "Boardwalk Empire" because she had to get naked. "You know, I actually turned down something, because of the nudity, for 'Boardwalk Empire'," she told E! News at the backstage of Monique Lhuillier fasion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on Saturday, February 11.
"But I was really young at the time. I'd just finished Degrassi, and I wasn't ready for it. But I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and I think if you're immersed in a role and if it's appropriate for the role, I say go for it," she went on explaining. "You just have to find the right role. But I think nudity has to be tasteful and appropriate and not gratuitous."
During the chat at The Theatre at Lincoln Center, Dobrev additionally talked about her recent racy photo shoot for Entertainment Weekly. She said of how she felt about the cover shoot, "Whether you're on set or on a photo shoot, those kinds of things-when there's a lot of people watching you-you have to be able to laugh. But they're always a little awkward, a little tense."
"I'm proud to say that up until this point, I've been able to keep my clothes on!" the Elena Gilbert of "The Vampire Diaries" went on. She jokingly said, "I've gotten to where I am and kept my clothes on, so now I've reached the point where you gotta start taking the layers off!"
More Nina Dobrev News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard