Steven Spielberg Shares 'Tintin 2' Updates, Plays Coy on Story Plans
After scoring success with "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn", Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson quickly move forward to develop "Tintin 2". In a recent interview with Total Film, Spielberg shared a few tidbits on the sequel project though he insisted to keep major details of the plot under tight wraps.
Saying that he has designed "Tintin" as a trilogy, Spielberg explained that he will swap his directing duty with Jackson in the upcoming sequel. "Peter's doing it," said the veteran filmmaker. "I wanted to do it, but Peter has to because we made a deal. I said, 'I'll direct the first one, you direct the second one."
The "War Horse" helmer revealed that "Tintin 2" will be Jackson's next project right after he's done with the production of the two "Hobbit" films. The 65-year-old director said, "Peter, of course, is going to do it right after he finishes photography on 'The Hobbit'. He'll go right into the 31, 21 days of performance capture."
Asked about which book that will be used for the idea of the second "Tintin" film, Spielberg insisted to not reveal it. "We're not telling the world what books we're basing the second movie on yet," he said. Though producer Kathleen Kennedy once hinted that the sequel will be based on "The Calculus Affair", Spielberg claimed that it might be wrong.
"We haven't decided that yet. She's throwing a monkey wrench into your story! It could be that. I like 'The Calculus Affair'. So it could be," said Spielberg. "We have completed a story outline now. We have a writer on it. I'm just not declaring what it is. It will be more than one book, but no more than two."
The first "Tintin" movie was released on December 21 last year. With a voice cast that includes the likes of Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig and Simon Pegg, the animated movie has successfully grossed $371.3 million worldwide. The movie will be competing for Best Original Score at the 2012 Academy Awards that will be held on February 26.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?