Adele Clarifies Her Statement About Five-Year Hiatus Plan
Adele set the record straight on her official blog about her five-year hiatus plan. The British pop sensation clarified her previous statement soon after it made headlines. She wrote that she would indeed take a break, but it won't be that long.
"I've a few days off now, and then it's the Brit Awards here at home and then I'm straight into the studio," the big winner at 2012 Grammy Awards informed her devotees. She assured them, "BOYYAHH! 5 years? More like 5 days!"
She talked about taking years off from music when doing an interview with Vogue. "I am f***ing off for four or five years. If I am constantly working, my relationships fail," she said back then. "So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy."
In addition clearing up the hiatus plan, Adele also shared about how overwhelmed she was after winning six Golden Gramophones at the Grammys. "I'm absoloutly (sic) flabbergasted! In between laughing my head off, welling up, needing to sit down and trying to maintain an open fire," she spilled.
Commenting on her speeches when accepting the trophies, she stated, "I forgot to mention so many people by name on the night, and for that I'm sorry. I will say thanks to your face when I next see you. I was totally unprepared."
"Despite the phenomenal year, I swear I didn't think I had any chance. All the categories were full of people I adore with brilliant songs, records and performances. So not in my wildest dreams did I think to actually prepare anything proper to say just in case."
More Adele News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame