Adele Clarifies Her Statement About Five-Year Hiatus Plan
Adele set the record straight on her official blog about her five-year hiatus plan. The British pop sensation clarified her previous statement soon after it made headlines. She wrote that she would indeed take a break, but it won't be that long.
"I've a few days off now, and then it's the Brit Awards here at home and then I'm straight into the studio," the big winner at 2012 Grammy Awards informed her devotees. She assured them, "BOYYAHH! 5 years? More like 5 days!"
She talked about taking years off from music when doing an interview with Vogue. "I am f***ing off for four or five years. If I am constantly working, my relationships fail," she said back then. "So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy."
In addition clearing up the hiatus plan, Adele also shared about how overwhelmed she was after winning six Golden Gramophones at the Grammys. "I'm absoloutly (sic) flabbergasted! In between laughing my head off, welling up, needing to sit down and trying to maintain an open fire," she spilled.
Commenting on her speeches when accepting the trophies, she stated, "I forgot to mention so many people by name on the night, and for that I'm sorry. I will say thanks to your face when I next see you. I was totally unprepared."
"Despite the phenomenal year, I swear I didn't think I had any chance. All the categories were full of people I adore with brilliant songs, records and performances. So not in my wildest dreams did I think to actually prepare anything proper to say just in case."
More Adele News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal