CBS' 'Elementary' Finds Its Sherlock Holmes in 'Dexter' Villain
After playing a bad guy, Jonny Lee Miller will solve cases in his new TV show. The Jordan Chase depicter in season 5 of "Dexter" has snatched a lead role in Sherlock Holmes reboot "Elementary", playing the famed detective.
The CBS pilot project is described as "a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes who now lives in New York City." Robert Doherty writes the script in addition to teaming up with Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly to serve as executive producers. Michael Cuesta is set to direct the pilot.
Prior to appearing on "Dexter", Miller headlined ABC's "Eli Stone". The 39-year-old English actor also joins the cast of upcoming feature films "Dark Shadows" and "Byzantium".
In another casting news, "Anger Management" has found its final lead. Daniela Bobadilla, who currently recurs on NBC's "Awake", has been tapped to portray the 13-year-old daughter of Charlie Sheen's character.
The new sitcom has previously cast Selma Blair and Shawnee Smith as Charlie's therapist and his ex-wife respectively. The show will premiere this June on FX.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics