CBS' 'Elementary' Finds Its Sherlock Holmes in 'Dexter' Villain
After playing a bad guy, Jonny Lee Miller will solve cases in his new TV show. The Jordan Chase depicter in season 5 of "Dexter" has snatched a lead role in Sherlock Holmes reboot "Elementary", playing the famed detective.
The CBS pilot project is described as "a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes who now lives in New York City." Robert Doherty writes the script in addition to teaming up with Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly to serve as executive producers. Michael Cuesta is set to direct the pilot.
Prior to appearing on "Dexter", Miller headlined ABC's "Eli Stone". The 39-year-old English actor also joins the cast of upcoming feature films "Dark Shadows" and "Byzantium".
In another casting news, "Anger Management" has found its final lead. Daniela Bobadilla, who currently recurs on NBC's "Awake", has been tapped to portray the 13-year-old daughter of Charlie Sheen's character.
The new sitcom has previously cast Selma Blair and Shawnee Smith as Charlie's therapist and his ex-wife respectively. The show will premiere this June on FX.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly