CBS' 'Elementary' Finds Its Sherlock Holmes in 'Dexter' Villain
After playing a bad guy, Jonny Lee Miller will solve cases in his new TV show. The Jordan Chase depicter in season 5 of "Dexter" has snatched a lead role in Sherlock Holmes reboot "Elementary", playing the famed detective.
The CBS pilot project is described as "a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes who now lives in New York City." Robert Doherty writes the script in addition to teaming up with Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly to serve as executive producers. Michael Cuesta is set to direct the pilot.
Prior to appearing on "Dexter", Miller headlined ABC's "Eli Stone". The 39-year-old English actor also joins the cast of upcoming feature films "Dark Shadows" and "Byzantium".
In another casting news, "Anger Management" has found its final lead. Daniela Bobadilla, who currently recurs on NBC's "Awake", has been tapped to portray the 13-year-old daughter of Charlie Sheen's character.
The new sitcom has previously cast Selma Blair and Shawnee Smith as Charlie's therapist and his ex-wife respectively. The show will premiere this June on FX.
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date