Adele to Take Five-Year Hiatus From Music to Focus on Her Love Life
Adele might not release a new song anytime soon. The British singer, who has won six Golden Gramophones at 2012 Grammy Awards, revealed in a recent interview that she would like to step away from music for four or five years in order to focus on her love life.
"If I am constantly working, my relationships fail," the chart-topping artist reasoned. In addition to wishing to spend quality time with her boyfriend, she additionally gushed, "So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy."
For her upcoming studio album, Adele spilled that she wanted to ditch the somber tone which dominated her first and second records. "I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way," she told Vogue. "I'm done with being a bitter witch."
Due to the glum vibes of her songs, she said people often misunderstood her. "People think that I'm f**king miserable," she shared. "They are really surprised when they meet me that I'm chatty and bubbly and kind of quite carefree really. I'm the total opposite of my records."
Update: February 15, 2012 07:07:52 GMT: Adele has clarified her statement about the five-year hiatus plan.
More Adele News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special