Adele to Take Five-Year Hiatus From Music to Focus on Her Love Life
Adele might not release a new song anytime soon. The British singer, who has won six Golden Gramophones at 2012 Grammy Awards, revealed in a recent interview that she would like to step away from music for four or five years in order to focus on her love life.
"If I am constantly working, my relationships fail," the chart-topping artist reasoned. In addition to wishing to spend quality time with her boyfriend, she additionally gushed, "So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy."
For her upcoming studio album, Adele spilled that she wanted to ditch the somber tone which dominated her first and second records. "I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way," she told Vogue. "I'm done with being a bitter witch."
Due to the glum vibes of her songs, she said people often misunderstood her. "People think that I'm f**king miserable," she shared. "They are really surprised when they meet me that I'm chatty and bubbly and kind of quite carefree really. I'm the total opposite of my records."
Update: February 15, 2012 07:07:52 GMT: Adele has clarified her statement about the five-year hiatus plan.
More Adele News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences