Adele to Take Five-Year Hiatus From Music to Focus on Her Love Life
Adele might not release a new song anytime soon. The British singer, who has won six Golden Gramophones at 2012 Grammy Awards, revealed in a recent interview that she would like to step away from music for four or five years in order to focus on her love life.
"If I am constantly working, my relationships fail," the chart-topping artist reasoned. In addition to wishing to spend quality time with her boyfriend, she additionally gushed, "So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy."
For her upcoming studio album, Adele spilled that she wanted to ditch the somber tone which dominated her first and second records. "I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way," she told Vogue. "I'm done with being a bitter witch."
Due to the glum vibes of her songs, she said people often misunderstood her. "People think that I'm f**king miserable," she shared. "They are really surprised when they meet me that I'm chatty and bubbly and kind of quite carefree really. I'm the total opposite of my records."
Update: February 15, 2012 07:07:52 GMT: Adele has clarified her statement about the five-year hiatus plan.
More Adele News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera