Adele to Take Five-Year Hiatus From Music to Focus on Her Love Life
Adele might not release a new song anytime soon. The British singer, who has won six Golden Gramophones at 2012 Grammy Awards, revealed in a recent interview that she would like to step away from music for four or five years in order to focus on her love life.
"If I am constantly working, my relationships fail," the chart-topping artist reasoned. In addition to wishing to spend quality time with her boyfriend, she additionally gushed, "So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy."
For her upcoming studio album, Adele spilled that she wanted to ditch the somber tone which dominated her first and second records. "I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way," she told Vogue. "I'm done with being a bitter witch."
Due to the glum vibes of her songs, she said people often misunderstood her. "People think that I'm f**king miserable," she shared. "They are really surprised when they meet me that I'm chatty and bubbly and kind of quite carefree really. I'm the total opposite of my records."
Update: February 15, 2012 07:07:52 GMT: Adele has clarified her statement about the five-year hiatus plan.
More Adele News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell