Whitney Houston's Ex 'Extremely Disappointed' to Learn He's Unwanted at Funeral
Bobby Brown is likely to be absent from the funeral of Whitney Houston this coming Saturday, February 18. TMZ has just come out with a claim that the "My Prerogative" singer is left "extremely disappointed" upon learning that several members of his ex-wife's family don't want him to be there.
While Brown hasn't officially received words that he is uninvited, people close to the Houston family reportedly have warned him that he shouldn't make any attempt to attend the funeral. The 43-year-old allegedly hopes the family will be able to set aside their differences so he could offer support to daughter Bobbi Kristina.
TMZ additionally reported that Brown hasn't got the chance to see his daughter since he arrived in Los Angeles last Sunday, February 12 night. Words are, he has placed several phone calls and made an attempt to physically see her, but was turned away by Houston's family and friends. He allegedly blamed Houston's mother Cissy, whom he thinks has hated him for years.
A funeral for Houston has been set to take place at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey Saturday afternoon. It will be an invite-only service with reportedly 300 seats. Carolyn Whigham, owner of Whingham Funeral Home, said, "They have shared her for 30 some years with the city, with the state, with the world. This is their time now for their farewell."
On the same day, flags at state government buildings in New Jersey will be flown at half-staff. Governor Chris Christie announced the honor, saying that Houston's accomplishments were "a great source of pride for the people of the state" and she belongs in the same category in New Jersey's music history as Frank Sinatra, Count Basie and Bruce Springsteen.
More Bobby Brown News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role