Video: Lana Del Rey Makes First Performance Since Much Criticized Gig on 'SNL'
Lana Del Rey recently visited "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" to make her first performance on TV since her shaky performance on "Saturday Night Live". The Internet sensation performed "Video Games", the same single she sang on the variety show.
Wearing a white mini dress, Del Rey looked more comfortable and delivered an improved performance than the last time she took the "SNL" stage. Though she remained a tentative performer, her voice sounded more stable when singing the somber tune.
In a recent interview, she admitted that she's "not by nature a showstopper" when it comes to performing live. "I love to write and play songs, but onstage, all these things come into play. I'm always saying to myself, 'Don't mess up. Don't mess up'," she said.
"Video Games" is taken from Del Rey's sophomore set and first major-label album "Born to Die". She debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200, becoming the first female artist, since Jackie Evancho, to have the highest entry on the chart with a full-length major label debut.
She additionally climbed up to No. 1 on the album charts outside the United States. "Thank you for making the record #1 in 11 countries. Your sweet words have softened the effect of even the harshest reviews. I adore you," she graciously thanked her fans for their support.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character