Video: Lana Del Rey Makes First Performance Since Much Criticized Gig on 'SNL'
Lana Del Rey recently visited "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" to make her first performance on TV since her shaky performance on "Saturday Night Live". The Internet sensation performed "Video Games", the same single she sang on the variety show.
Wearing a white mini dress, Del Rey looked more comfortable and delivered an improved performance than the last time she took the "SNL" stage. Though she remained a tentative performer, her voice sounded more stable when singing the somber tune.
In a recent interview, she admitted that she's "not by nature a showstopper" when it comes to performing live. "I love to write and play songs, but onstage, all these things come into play. I'm always saying to myself, 'Don't mess up. Don't mess up'," she said.
"Video Games" is taken from Del Rey's sophomore set and first major-label album "Born to Die". She debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200, becoming the first female artist, since Jackie Evancho, to have the highest entry on the chart with a full-length major label debut.
She additionally climbed up to No. 1 on the album charts outside the United States. "Thank you for making the record #1 in 11 countries. Your sweet words have softened the effect of even the harshest reviews. I adore you," she graciously thanked her fans for their support.
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending