Video: Lana Del Rey Makes First Performance Since Much Criticized Gig on 'SNL'
Lana Del Rey recently visited "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" to make her first performance on TV since her shaky performance on "Saturday Night Live". The Internet sensation performed "Video Games", the same single she sang on the variety show.
Wearing a white mini dress, Del Rey looked more comfortable and delivered an improved performance than the last time she took the "SNL" stage. Though she remained a tentative performer, her voice sounded more stable when singing the somber tune.
In a recent interview, she admitted that she's "not by nature a showstopper" when it comes to performing live. "I love to write and play songs, but onstage, all these things come into play. I'm always saying to myself, 'Don't mess up. Don't mess up'," she said.
"Video Games" is taken from Del Rey's sophomore set and first major-label album "Born to Die". She debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200, becoming the first female artist, since Jackie Evancho, to have the highest entry on the chart with a full-length major label debut.
She additionally climbed up to No. 1 on the album charts outside the United States. "Thank you for making the record #1 in 11 countries. Your sweet words have softened the effect of even the harshest reviews. I adore you," she graciously thanked her fans for their support.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show