Bryan Fuller's 'Hannibal' Gets Series Order From NBC
Bryan Fuller's "Hannibal" has been given a greenlight by NBC. The peacock has reportedly ordered the TV project direct-to-series, picking up 13 episodes of the thriller featuring the iconic serial killer Hannibal Lecter from Thomas Harris' novels.
"Hannibal" will focus on FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter. According to a logline obtained by Entertainment Weekly, the two characters featured in Harris' novel "Red Dragon" will be "re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship."
The "Pushing Daisies" creator, Fuller, is executive producing and writing the Hannibal Lecter project. No actors have been cast in the lead roles of Graham and Lecter, who were portrayed by Edward Norton and Anthony Hopkins respectively in the 2002 movie adaptation.
In addition to picking up "Hannibal", NBC has also given a pilot order to "Notorious" from "Friday Night Lights" writer Liz Heldens. It is described as "an opulent soap in which a female detective returns undercover to the wealthy family she grew up in - as the maid's daughter - to solve the murder of the notorious heiress who was once her closest friend."
Meanwhile, Fuller's other project for NBC, "The Munsters" reboot, was recently pushed back to summer. The network reportedly took the show called "Mockingbird Lane" out of contention for fall 2012 to give it extra attention.
More Hannibal News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?