Bryan Fuller's 'Hannibal' Gets Series Order From NBC
Bryan Fuller's "Hannibal" has been given a greenlight by NBC. The peacock has reportedly ordered the TV project direct-to-series, picking up 13 episodes of the thriller featuring the iconic serial killer Hannibal Lecter from Thomas Harris' novels.
"Hannibal" will focus on FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter. According to a logline obtained by Entertainment Weekly, the two characters featured in Harris' novel "Red Dragon" will be "re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship."
The "Pushing Daisies" creator, Fuller, is executive producing and writing the Hannibal Lecter project. No actors have been cast in the lead roles of Graham and Lecter, who were portrayed by Edward Norton and Anthony Hopkins respectively in the 2002 movie adaptation.
In addition to picking up "Hannibal", NBC has also given a pilot order to "Notorious" from "Friday Night Lights" writer Liz Heldens. It is described as "an opulent soap in which a female detective returns undercover to the wealthy family she grew up in - as the maid's daughter - to solve the murder of the notorious heiress who was once her closest friend."
Meanwhile, Fuller's other project for NBC, "The Munsters" reboot, was recently pushed back to summer. The network reportedly took the show called "Mockingbird Lane" out of contention for fall 2012 to give it extra attention.
More Hannibal News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie