Justin Bieber Made Cancer-Stricken Fan Happy on Valentine's Day
Justin Bieber had a pre-Valentine celebration with a cancer-stricken fan. The singer had six-year-old Avalanna Routh flown in to New York from Boston, Massachusetts, to meet and spend a day with him. "BEST PART OF MY DAY," Bieber tweeted after the meeting and posted a photo of him kissing Avalanna on the cheek.
Avalanna, who has been battling a rare form of brain cancer since she was a baby, had one last wish to meet Bieber in person. Her mom started a Facebook campaign called "Get Avalanna to Meet Justin Bieber" which quickly gained 12,000 supporters. Bieber heard about the little girl and flew her and her parents to the city on Monday, February 13 to play board games, eat cupcakes and candy.
"That was one of the best things I have ever done,'' Bieber tweeted later. "She was AWESOME. Feeling really inspired right now."
Avalanna is such a big fan that nurses at the Jimmy Fund clinic threw her a pretend wedding to Bieber using a cardboard cutout of him. "The bouquet, she created a wedding planning album and it was wonderful, just another fun moment," said Aileen Routh, Avalanna's mother.
More Justin Bieber News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date