Justin Bieber Made Cancer-Stricken Fan Happy on Valentine's Day
Justin Bieber had a pre-Valentine celebration with a cancer-stricken fan. The singer had six-year-old Avalanna Routh flown in to New York from Boston, Massachusetts, to meet and spend a day with him. "BEST PART OF MY DAY," Bieber tweeted after the meeting and posted a photo of him kissing Avalanna on the cheek.
Avalanna, who has been battling a rare form of brain cancer since she was a baby, had one last wish to meet Bieber in person. Her mom started a Facebook campaign called "Get Avalanna to Meet Justin Bieber" which quickly gained 12,000 supporters. Bieber heard about the little girl and flew her and her parents to the city on Monday, February 13 to play board games, eat cupcakes and candy.
"That was one of the best things I have ever done,'' Bieber tweeted later. "She was AWESOME. Feeling really inspired right now."
Avalanna is such a big fan that nurses at the Jimmy Fund clinic threw her a pretend wedding to Bieber using a cardboard cutout of him. "The bouquet, she created a wedding planning album and it was wonderful, just another fun moment," said Aileen Routh, Avalanna's mother.
More Justin Bieber News
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub