Nicki Minaj Releases Feel-Good Single 'Starships'
While her recent Grammy performance is still making a buzz, Nicki Minaj releases the audio for her new single, "Starships". With RedOne on board as the producer, "Starships" is expected to be a party anthem for its infectious beats and radio-friendly lyrics.
"Starships were meant to fly/ Hands up and touch the sky/ Can't stop 'cause we're so high/ Let's do this one more time," Minaj sings on the hook. The song contains a brief sample of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".
"There was so much love surrounding the making of the song, because RedOne is just so sweet to work with. He just sent me that one day and he said, 'Hey, I got something for you!' I was like 'You got to be kidding me, right?' " Minaj previously told Ryan Seacrest.
"I went to the studio and started writing - scratch that - I didn't even write the first verse! That was just me mumbling and just saying the first thing that came to my head, and we recorded it, because I just felt ...like let's go to the beach ...let's go get away ...It was just so good. It feels good!" the rapper added.
Minaj's "absolute, absolute favorite records", "Starships" can be found in her upcoming studio album, "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded".
More Nicki Minaj News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4