Nicki Minaj Releases Feel-Good Single 'Starships'
While her recent Grammy performance is still making a buzz, Nicki Minaj releases the audio for her new single, "Starships". With RedOne on board as the producer, "Starships" is expected to be a party anthem for its infectious beats and radio-friendly lyrics.
"Starships were meant to fly/ Hands up and touch the sky/ Can't stop 'cause we're so high/ Let's do this one more time," Minaj sings on the hook. The song contains a brief sample of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".
"There was so much love surrounding the making of the song, because RedOne is just so sweet to work with. He just sent me that one day and he said, 'Hey, I got something for you!' I was like 'You got to be kidding me, right?' " Minaj previously told Ryan Seacrest.
"I went to the studio and started writing - scratch that - I didn't even write the first verse! That was just me mumbling and just saying the first thing that came to my head, and we recorded it, because I just felt ...like let's go to the beach ...let's go get away ...It was just so good. It feels good!" the rapper added.
Minaj's "absolute, absolute favorite records", "Starships" can be found in her upcoming studio album, "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded".
More Nicki Minaj News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly