First Official Look at Saoirse Ronan in 'Byzantium' Unleashed
The first still from vampire thriller "Byzantium" has been made available for viewing pleasure. Coming out via Deadline, it gives away the first official look at one of its leading ladies, Saoirse Ronan. She is featured in the image covering her head with a bright red hood and holding her bloodied fingers close to her mouth.
In the Neil Jordan-directed movie, Ronan takes on the role of Eleanor, a teenager who is turned into a vampire by her own mother. The 17-year-old star of "Hanna" teams up with "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" beauty Gemma Arterton, who plays her on-screen mother, Clara.
"Byzantium" follows two young "sisters", who are on the run for murder, as they arrive penniless at an English seaside town. Clara is a fiercely modern woman who has her eyes on the future and no time for the past, while Eleanor is shy and innocent. Yet, they both hide the same secrets. They are really mother and daughter, and they are both vampires.
Exhausted by 200 years on the run, Eleanor is desperate to settle down, but little does she know, her mother has been protecting her all of the years from their own kind, "The Brotherhood". To escape them, they must either blend in or continue running away. Just as they think they may have escaped, their past rapidly catches up with them.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident