First Official Look at Saoirse Ronan in 'Byzantium' Unleashed
The first still from vampire thriller "Byzantium" has been made available for viewing pleasure. Coming out via Deadline, it gives away the first official look at one of its leading ladies, Saoirse Ronan. She is featured in the image covering her head with a bright red hood and holding her bloodied fingers close to her mouth.
In the Neil Jordan-directed movie, Ronan takes on the role of Eleanor, a teenager who is turned into a vampire by her own mother. The 17-year-old star of "Hanna" teams up with "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" beauty Gemma Arterton, who plays her on-screen mother, Clara.
"Byzantium" follows two young "sisters", who are on the run for murder, as they arrive penniless at an English seaside town. Clara is a fiercely modern woman who has her eyes on the future and no time for the past, while Eleanor is shy and innocent. Yet, they both hide the same secrets. They are really mother and daughter, and they are both vampires.
Exhausted by 200 years on the run, Eleanor is desperate to settle down, but little does she know, her mother has been protecting her all of the years from their own kind, "The Brotherhood". To escape them, they must either blend in or continue running away. Just as they think they may have escaped, their past rapidly catches up with them.
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick