First Official Look at Saoirse Ronan in 'Byzantium' Unleashed
The first still from vampire thriller "Byzantium" has been made available for viewing pleasure. Coming out via Deadline, it gives away the first official look at one of its leading ladies, Saoirse Ronan. She is featured in the image covering her head with a bright red hood and holding her bloodied fingers close to her mouth.
In the Neil Jordan-directed movie, Ronan takes on the role of Eleanor, a teenager who is turned into a vampire by her own mother. The 17-year-old star of "Hanna" teams up with "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" beauty Gemma Arterton, who plays her on-screen mother, Clara.
"Byzantium" follows two young "sisters", who are on the run for murder, as they arrive penniless at an English seaside town. Clara is a fiercely modern woman who has her eyes on the future and no time for the past, while Eleanor is shy and innocent. Yet, they both hide the same secrets. They are really mother and daughter, and they are both vampires.
Exhausted by 200 years on the run, Eleanor is desperate to settle down, but little does she know, her mother has been protecting her all of the years from their own kind, "The Brotherhood". To escape them, they must either blend in or continue running away. Just as they think they may have escaped, their past rapidly catches up with them.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'