'Glee' to Officially Dedicate Valentine's Day Episode to Whitney Houston
"Glee" producers will make the upcoming Valentine's Day episode an official tribute for the late Whitney Houston. A representative for the musical series has confirmed, "The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston's memory with a card in the end credits."
Coincidentally, the February 14 outing titled "Heart" will feature Amber Riley's Mercedes performing "I Will Always Love You", a Dolly Parton song which was covered by Houston for her 1992 film "The Bodyguard". The "Glee" actress had a chance to meet the "My Love Is Your Love" singer just days before her passing.
"I didn't need her to take a picture with me. I didn't need an autograph. The fact that she even acknowledged that I was standing there was enough for me," Riley said of their encounter. Recalling the time she learned about Houston's death, she shared, "I was very broken up. My dad actually called me and told me. He was like, 'Are you driving because I'll need you to pull over,' because he knows how much I love Whitney Houston. It was hard."
As for plans to make a Houston-themed episode, "Glee" music supervisor P.J. Bloom recently said, "We'll see. As soon as the news hit, I texted Ryan and said, 'We should do something'." He added, "Whether he chooses to want to take that celebration past our show Tuesday when we do 'I Will Always Love You,' I couldn't say. If we don't celebrate her in one complete episode, I'm sure we'll continue to acknowledge her music in the show."
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen