'Glee' to Officially Dedicate Valentine's Day Episode to Whitney Houston
"Glee" producers will make the upcoming Valentine's Day episode an official tribute for the late Whitney Houston. A representative for the musical series has confirmed, "The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston's memory with a card in the end credits."
Coincidentally, the February 14 outing titled "Heart" will feature Amber Riley's Mercedes performing "I Will Always Love You", a Dolly Parton song which was covered by Houston for her 1992 film "The Bodyguard". The "Glee" actress had a chance to meet the "My Love Is Your Love" singer just days before her passing.
"I didn't need her to take a picture with me. I didn't need an autograph. The fact that she even acknowledged that I was standing there was enough for me," Riley said of their encounter. Recalling the time she learned about Houston's death, she shared, "I was very broken up. My dad actually called me and told me. He was like, 'Are you driving because I'll need you to pull over,' because he knows how much I love Whitney Houston. It was hard."
As for plans to make a Houston-themed episode, "Glee" music supervisor P.J. Bloom recently said, "We'll see. As soon as the news hit, I texted Ryan and said, 'We should do something'." He added, "Whether he chooses to want to take that celebration past our show Tuesday when we do 'I Will Always Love You,' I couldn't say. If we don't celebrate her in one complete episode, I'm sure we'll continue to acknowledge her music in the show."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says