Introduction to 'John Carter' Gets Highlighted in New International Featurette
Less than a month before "John Carter" unleashed its adventure in the theaters across the United States, Disney unveils a brand new international featurette for the Andrew Stanton-directed movie. It offers an introduction to the sci-fi film itself and the significance of Edgar Rice Burroughs' novel the movie is based on.
While leading man Taylor Kitsch and co-star Lynn Collins talk about the story, director/co-writer Stanton and second unit director/co-writer Mark Andrews went into details on Burroughs' novel, "A Princess of Mars". Fellow star Willem Defoe additionally points out, "John Carter had to be there in order for 'Star Wars' to happen. Or 'Avatar' to happen."
"John Carter" tells the story of war-weary, former military captain John Carter, who is inexplicably transported to Mars and becomes reluctantly embroiled in a conflict of epic proportions amongst its inhabitants. In a world on the brink of collapse, he rediscovers his humanity as he realizes that the survival of Barsoom and its people rests in his hands.
Kitsch takes the role of Carter, while Collins plays Thoris and Defoe slips into Tarkas' shoes. They are all joined in the cast ensemble by the likes of Mark Strong, Thomas Haden Church, Samantha Morton and many others. The sci-fi movie itself is set to come out in 3-D on March 9.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media