Rumor of Lil Wayne's Backstage Arrest at Grammys 2012 Clarified as a Hoax
Contrary to earlier claim, Lil Wayne was not arrested on gun charges backstage at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. Setting the record straight was none other than Bryan "Birdman" Williams, the co-founder of the "6 Foot 7 Foot" rapper's label, Cash Money Records.
In an electronic message he sent to Forbes on Sunday, February 12 night, Birdman deemed Weezy's arrest report a hoax. The 42-year-old record producer stated, "[It's] not true, he's good." He went on to say, "I never heard about that. He was good all day."
Rumor that Weezy got in trouble with the police surfaced just moments before the 29-year-old took the stage inside Los Angeles' Staples Center. When he then performed a dance tribute with the likes of Chris Brown and David Guetta, it was speculated that the authorities were waiting for him offstage.
TMZ and The Associated Press were said to be among those sparking report of Weezy's arrest, but had since backtracked the story. The former additionally retweeted a posting by a Twitter user that read, "@TMZ didn't even tweet anything about Lil Wayne getting arrested! Someone made that up, idiots!"
More Lil Wayne News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'