Rumor of Lil Wayne's Backstage Arrest at Grammys 2012 Clarified as a Hoax
Contrary to earlier claim, Lil Wayne was not arrested on gun charges backstage at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. Setting the record straight was none other than Bryan "Birdman" Williams, the co-founder of the "6 Foot 7 Foot" rapper's label, Cash Money Records.
In an electronic message he sent to Forbes on Sunday, February 12 night, Birdman deemed Weezy's arrest report a hoax. The 42-year-old record producer stated, "[It's] not true, he's good." He went on to say, "I never heard about that. He was good all day."
Rumor that Weezy got in trouble with the police surfaced just moments before the 29-year-old took the stage inside Los Angeles' Staples Center. When he then performed a dance tribute with the likes of Chris Brown and David Guetta, it was speculated that the authorities were waiting for him offstage.
TMZ and The Associated Press were said to be among those sparking report of Weezy's arrest, but had since backtracked the story. The former additionally retweeted a posting by a Twitter user that read, "@TMZ didn't even tweet anything about Lil Wayne getting arrested! Someone made that up, idiots!"
More Lil Wayne News
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo