Rumor of Lil Wayne's Backstage Arrest at Grammys 2012 Clarified as a Hoax
Contrary to earlier claim, Lil Wayne was not arrested on gun charges backstage at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. Setting the record straight was none other than Bryan "Birdman" Williams, the co-founder of the "6 Foot 7 Foot" rapper's label, Cash Money Records.
In an electronic message he sent to Forbes on Sunday, February 12 night, Birdman deemed Weezy's arrest report a hoax. The 42-year-old record producer stated, "[It's] not true, he's good." He went on to say, "I never heard about that. He was good all day."
Rumor that Weezy got in trouble with the police surfaced just moments before the 29-year-old took the stage inside Los Angeles' Staples Center. When he then performed a dance tribute with the likes of Chris Brown and David Guetta, it was speculated that the authorities were waiting for him offstage.
TMZ and The Associated Press were said to be among those sparking report of Weezy's arrest, but had since backtracked the story. The former additionally retweeted a posting by a Twitter user that read, "@TMZ didn't even tweet anything about Lil Wayne getting arrested! Someone made that up, idiots!"
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs