Grammys 2012: Jennifer Hudson Sings 'I Will Always Love You' to Honor Whitney Houston
Jennifer Hudson delivered a heartfelt rendition of Whitney Houston's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" to pay homage to the late singer during the Grammy Awards. "Whitney, we love you," she said before closing the tribute. She performed the song right after Bon Iver accepted their trophy for Best New Artist.
J-Hud reportedly got emotional when rehearsing the tribute segment a day prior. A source told The Hollywood Reporter that the "American Idol" alum was "crying and had to keep pausing." The source added, "She was having a hard time getting through the song, especially on the second run-through."
In addition to J-Hud, LL Cool J, Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys and Rihanna also saluted Whitney. Cool J prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to the music vet, and Alicia declared her love for her before playing the piano in a tribute segment with Bonnie Raitt for Etta James. Riri, meanwhile, gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
Alicia Keys and Bonnie Rait:
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'