Grammys 2012: Jennifer Hudson Sings 'I Will Always Love You' to Honor Whitney Houston
Jennifer Hudson delivered a heartfelt rendition of Whitney Houston's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" to pay homage to the late singer during the Grammy Awards. "Whitney, we love you," she said before closing the tribute. She performed the song right after Bon Iver accepted their trophy for Best New Artist.
J-Hud reportedly got emotional when rehearsing the tribute segment a day prior. A source told The Hollywood Reporter that the "American Idol" alum was "crying and had to keep pausing." The source added, "She was having a hard time getting through the song, especially on the second run-through."
In addition to J-Hud, LL Cool J, Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys and Rihanna also saluted Whitney. Cool J prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to the music vet, and Alicia declared her love for her before playing the piano in a tribute segment with Bonnie Raitt for Etta James. Riri, meanwhile, gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
Alicia Keys and Bonnie Rait:
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video