Grammys 2012: Jennifer Hudson Sings 'I Will Always Love You' to Honor Whitney Houston
Jennifer Hudson delivered a heartfelt rendition of Whitney Houston's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" to pay homage to the late singer during the Grammy Awards. "Whitney, we love you," she said before closing the tribute. She performed the song right after Bon Iver accepted their trophy for Best New Artist.
J-Hud reportedly got emotional when rehearsing the tribute segment a day prior. A source told The Hollywood Reporter that the "American Idol" alum was "crying and had to keep pausing." The source added, "She was having a hard time getting through the song, especially on the second run-through."
In addition to J-Hud, LL Cool J, Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys and Rihanna also saluted Whitney. Cool J prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to the music vet, and Alicia declared her love for her before playing the piano in a tribute segment with Bonnie Raitt for Etta James. Riri, meanwhile, gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
Alicia Keys and Bonnie Rait:
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert