Michelle Williams and Penelope Cruz Bring Elegance to BAFTAs 2012's Red Carpet
The 65th Annual British Academy of Film and Television Awards has been held at London's Royal Opera House. Before the ceremony was kicked off on Sunday, February 12, a horde of Hollywood stars flocked the red carpet, and the ladies, in particular, turned heads with their elegance.
Michelle Williams, who was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her work in "My Week with Marilyn", looked sophisticated in a customized black-and-ivory gown designed by H&M. She complemented the strapless dress with jewelry by Fred Leighton for Forevermark and an Olympia Le Tan "book" clutch.
Penelope Cruz went red hot in her strapless Armani Prive dress. The "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" actress, who served as presenter at the awards show, finished off her elegant look with Chopard jewelry. Meanwhile, Christina Hendricks opted to wear a one-shoulder black L'Wren Scott number.
Also bringing color to the red carpet was Viola Davis, Kristen Wiig and Tilda Swinton. "The Help" actress Davis hit the red carpet in a pink Valentino dress, while "Bridesmaids" beauty Wiig and "We Need to Talk About Kevin" star Swinton went with white.
Another "The Help" actress also looked stunning on the red carpet. Jessica Chastain came in wearing a metallic Oscar de la Renta gown. She completed her look with Harry Winston jewels. In the meantime, "The Iron Lady" star Meryl Streep went with Vivienne Westwood.
The men department saw Hollywood actors going formal. The likes of Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Chris Hemsworth have all put on their best black-and-white tuxedo. "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe also went with the same dapper look. He wore an Antonio Azzuolo tuxedo with Tomas Pink shifts and Church's shoes.
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors