Michelle Williams and Penelope Cruz Bring Elegance to BAFTAs 2012's Red Carpet
The 65th Annual British Academy of Film and Television Awards has been held at London's Royal Opera House. Before the ceremony was kicked off on Sunday, February 12, a horde of Hollywood stars flocked the red carpet, and the ladies, in particular, turned heads with their elegance.
Michelle Williams, who was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her work in "My Week with Marilyn", looked sophisticated in a customized black-and-ivory gown designed by H&M. She complemented the strapless dress with jewelry by Fred Leighton for Forevermark and an Olympia Le Tan "book" clutch.
Penelope Cruz went red hot in her strapless Armani Prive dress. The "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" actress, who served as presenter at the awards show, finished off her elegant look with Chopard jewelry. Meanwhile, Christina Hendricks opted to wear a one-shoulder black L'Wren Scott number.
Also bringing color to the red carpet was Viola Davis, Kristen Wiig and Tilda Swinton. "The Help" actress Davis hit the red carpet in a pink Valentino dress, while "Bridesmaids" beauty Wiig and "We Need to Talk About Kevin" star Swinton went with white.
Another "The Help" actress also looked stunning on the red carpet. Jessica Chastain came in wearing a metallic Oscar de la Renta gown. She completed her look with Harry Winston jewels. In the meantime, "The Iron Lady" star Meryl Streep went with Vivienne Westwood.
The men department saw Hollywood actors going formal. The likes of Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Chris Hemsworth have all put on their best black-and-white tuxedo. "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe also went with the same dapper look. He wore an Antonio Azzuolo tuxedo with Tomas Pink shifts and Church's shoes.
More Michelle Williams News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!