Michelle Williams and Penelope Cruz Bring Elegance to BAFTAs 2012's Red Carpet
The 65th Annual British Academy of Film and Television Awards has been held at London's Royal Opera House. Before the ceremony was kicked off on Sunday, February 12, a horde of Hollywood stars flocked the red carpet, and the ladies, in particular, turned heads with their elegance.
Michelle Williams, who was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her work in "My Week with Marilyn", looked sophisticated in a customized black-and-ivory gown designed by H&M. She complemented the strapless dress with jewelry by Fred Leighton for Forevermark and an Olympia Le Tan "book" clutch.
Penelope Cruz went red hot in her strapless Armani Prive dress. The "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" actress, who served as presenter at the awards show, finished off her elegant look with Chopard jewelry. Meanwhile, Christina Hendricks opted to wear a one-shoulder black L'Wren Scott number.
Also bringing color to the red carpet was Viola Davis, Kristen Wiig and Tilda Swinton. "The Help" actress Davis hit the red carpet in a pink Valentino dress, while "Bridesmaids" beauty Wiig and "We Need to Talk About Kevin" star Swinton went with white.
Another "The Help" actress also looked stunning on the red carpet. Jessica Chastain came in wearing a metallic Oscar de la Renta gown. She completed her look with Harry Winston jewels. In the meantime, "The Iron Lady" star Meryl Streep went with Vivienne Westwood.
The men department saw Hollywood actors going formal. The likes of Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Chris Hemsworth have all put on their best black-and-white tuxedo. "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe also went with the same dapper look. He wore an Antonio Azzuolo tuxedo with Tomas Pink shifts and Church's shoes.
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts