Grammys 2012: Adele Thanks Her Doctors After Best Pop Solo Performance Win
The live telecast of 54th Annual Grammy Awards has kicked off on Sunday night, February 12 at Los Angeles' Staples Center. The first winner at the star-studded ceremony was none other than Adele. The British pop sensation, who has already won Best Pop Vocal Album at the pre-telecast, added one more trophy to her collection by grabbing a prize for Best Pop Solo Performance.
Adele collected the coveted award for "Someone Like You". She beat Lady GaGa ("You and I"), Bruno Mars ("Grenade"), Katy Perry ("Firework") and Pink ("F**kin' Perfect"). "I'm probably going to get emotional. My life changed when I wrote this song," she said. "I need to thank my doctors, I suppose, who brought my voice back." She accepted the gong from Alicia Keys and Bonnie Raitt after the duo sang Etta James' "A Sunday Kind of Love".
The second award was presented by Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) and Marc Anthony to Kanye West and Jay-Z. Both of the rappers were awarded with Best Rap Performance, thanks to their duet in "Otis". This became Kanye's fourth win that evening, and Jigga's first. Unfortunately, neither of them was present to receive the kudo.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order