Grammys 2012: Adele Thanks Her Doctors After Best Pop Solo Performance Win
The live telecast of 54th Annual Grammy Awards has kicked off on Sunday night, February 12 at Los Angeles' Staples Center. The first winner at the star-studded ceremony was none other than Adele. The British pop sensation, who has already won Best Pop Vocal Album at the pre-telecast, added one more trophy to her collection by grabbing a prize for Best Pop Solo Performance.
Adele collected the coveted award for "Someone Like You". She beat Lady GaGa ("You and I"), Bruno Mars ("Grenade"), Katy Perry ("Firework") and Pink ("F**kin' Perfect"). "I'm probably going to get emotional. My life changed when I wrote this song," she said. "I need to thank my doctors, I suppose, who brought my voice back." She accepted the gong from Alicia Keys and Bonnie Raitt after the duo sang Etta James' "A Sunday Kind of Love".
The second award was presented by Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) and Marc Anthony to Kanye West and Jay-Z. Both of the rappers were awarded with Best Rap Performance, thanks to their duet in "Otis". This became Kanye's fourth win that evening, and Jigga's first. Unfortunately, neither of them was present to receive the kudo.
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated