Grammys 2012: LL Cool J Leads the Crowd to Pray for Whitney Houston
In the wake of Whitney Houston's shocking death, the 54th Annual Grammy Awards took on somber mood on Sunday night, February 12 at Los Angeles' Staples Center. After live performances by Bruce Springsteen and The Beach Boys, host LL Cool J came onto the stage and paid tribute to the late singer.
"Tonight, we ask ourselves: How do we speak to this time, to this day? There is no way around this. We've had a death in our family," the rapper quietly told the crowd. "At least for me, for me, the only thing that feels right is to begin with a prayer. For a woman that we loved, for our fallen sister, Whitney Houston."
Cool J then prayed for Whitney. To the "Heavenly Father," he preached, "We feel truly blessed to have been touched by her beautiful spirit." The crowd gave a standing ovation in honor of the late singe after a vintage video of her singing "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker was shown on the screen. "Whitney, we will always love you," he said.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off