Macaulay Culkin Pulls Out of Monthly DJ Gig After Gaunt Photos Surfaced
On the same day his gaunt photos sparked concern for his health, Macaulay Culkin went MIA from a scheduled gig. The former child actor was actually set to do his monthly deejay gig at Le Poisson Rouge in New York City's West Village around 10 P.M. Thursday, February 9, but he pulled out at the last minute.
"He's here all the time. He comes pretty often. Tonight, something just came up and he couldn't make it," a club employee told PEOPLE. Though so, the ex-boyfriend of Mila Kunis didn't let partygoers without good music. The employee added, "But he did drop off his iPod - that's what's playing. It's a shame he's not here, because he always plays really good music."
After the 31-year-old actor bailed on the gig, a sign was taped to a box downstairs by the bar. It informed fans that "Mack" would not be on the turntables but "the iPod has arrived". It additionally noted that the event has been changed into a food drive, noting that people could get into the party for free in exchange of canned goods.
Photos of Culkin "looking extremely thin and scruffy" were brought to attention on Thursday by Entertainment Tonight. In one of the snapshots, the former "Home Alone" star is seen holding a can of Red Bull in one hand and a pair of sunglasses in the other while on a stroll in New York City.
Soon after the photos made headlines, a spokesperson for the older brother of Kieran Culkin assured fans that he "is in perfectly good health." His representative further stressed, "For Entertainment Tonight - or any other media outlet - to speculate otherwise is reckless, irresponsible and destructive. We implore them to discontinue the rumor."
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami