Macaulay Culkin Pulls Out of Monthly DJ Gig After Gaunt Photos Surfaced
On the same day his gaunt photos sparked concern for his health, Macaulay Culkin went MIA from a scheduled gig. The former child actor was actually set to do his monthly deejay gig at Le Poisson Rouge in New York City's West Village around 10 P.M. Thursday, February 9, but he pulled out at the last minute.
"He's here all the time. He comes pretty often. Tonight, something just came up and he couldn't make it," a club employee told PEOPLE. Though so, the ex-boyfriend of Mila Kunis didn't let partygoers without good music. The employee added, "But he did drop off his iPod - that's what's playing. It's a shame he's not here, because he always plays really good music."
After the 31-year-old actor bailed on the gig, a sign was taped to a box downstairs by the bar. It informed fans that "Mack" would not be on the turntables but "the iPod has arrived". It additionally noted that the event has been changed into a food drive, noting that people could get into the party for free in exchange of canned goods.
Photos of Culkin "looking extremely thin and scruffy" were brought to attention on Thursday by Entertainment Tonight. In one of the snapshots, the former "Home Alone" star is seen holding a can of Red Bull in one hand and a pair of sunglasses in the other while on a stroll in New York City.
Soon after the photos made headlines, a spokesperson for the older brother of Kieran Culkin assured fans that he "is in perfectly good health." His representative further stressed, "For Entertainment Tonight - or any other media outlet - to speculate otherwise is reckless, irresponsible and destructive. We implore them to discontinue the rumor."
More Macaulay Culkin News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary