Video: Adele Belts Out 'Rolling in the Deep' at First Performance Since Vocal Rest
Adele has showed off her newly-recovered vocals post-throat surgery during an interview with Anderson Cooper for CNN's "60 Minutes". The British popstar sings her hit single "Rolling in the Deep", and she sounds as beautiful as she always has.
There's actually a piano in the room during the interview, but Adele opted to sing without any music. Commenting on the matter, Cooper said, "She was singing a capella because she had really long nails on and she couldn't play the piano with her nails."
Adele took a vocal rest for about two months since undergoing a throat surgery. Talking about how she communicated during her road to recovery, the singer dished on, "I also had an application on my phone that you type the words into it and then it speaks it."
In addition to helping her to voice her thoughts, the application also allowed her to swear to get her point across. She gushed, "But the great thing is I love to swear. Most of [the apps] you can't swear on, but I found this one app where you can swear, so I'm still really getting my point across."
Adele is going to return to the stage for the first time since her brief hiatus at the upcoming 54th annual Grammy Awards this coming Sunday, February 12. "Ima be, Ima be singing at the Grammys. It's been so long I started to forget I was a singer! I can't wait," she excitedly hyped up the gig on her Twitter.
More Adele News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...