Video: Adele Belts Out 'Rolling in the Deep' at First Performance Since Vocal Rest
Adele has showed off her newly-recovered vocals post-throat surgery during an interview with Anderson Cooper for CNN's "60 Minutes". The British popstar sings her hit single "Rolling in the Deep", and she sounds as beautiful as she always has.
There's actually a piano in the room during the interview, but Adele opted to sing without any music. Commenting on the matter, Cooper said, "She was singing a capella because she had really long nails on and she couldn't play the piano with her nails."
Adele took a vocal rest for about two months since undergoing a throat surgery. Talking about how she communicated during her road to recovery, the singer dished on, "I also had an application on my phone that you type the words into it and then it speaks it."
In addition to helping her to voice her thoughts, the application also allowed her to swear to get her point across. She gushed, "But the great thing is I love to swear. Most of [the apps] you can't swear on, but I found this one app where you can swear, so I'm still really getting my point across."
Adele is going to return to the stage for the first time since her brief hiatus at the upcoming 54th annual Grammy Awards this coming Sunday, February 12. "Ima be, Ima be singing at the Grammys. It's been so long I started to forget I was a singer! I can't wait," she excitedly hyped up the gig on her Twitter.
More Adele News
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video