Nicolas Cage Puts Vampire Rumor to Rest: I Have a Reflection in the Mirror
Nicolas Cage is breaking his silence over Internet rumor suggesting that he is a vampire. The 48-year-old actor addresses the bizarre speculation that was sparked by a Civil War-era photo when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, February 9 to promote "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance".
During the interview, host David Letterman brought out a copy of the 1870 photo that displays a Tennessee man who bears a striking resemblance to Cage. In his response, the actor said, "Let me say that there is a resemblance, but how can I be polite about this. It's a somewhat slowed-down version of me."
The photo itself was listed on e-Bay in September 2011 under the title "Nicolas Cage is a Vampire/Photo from 1870/Tennessee". Asking for $1 million for the portrait, its seller noted, "Personally, I believe it's him and that he is some sort of walking undead/vampire, et cetera, who quickens/reinvents himself once every 75 years or so."
During his "Letterman" appearance, the Oscar winner further pointed out other flaws in the vampire claim. "Except, there's a photograph of me and you can't take pictures of vampires," he said, before stressing later, "Now look, I don't drink blood and last time I looked in the mirror, I had a reflection, so I'm not going with the vampire theory."
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos