Nicolas Cage Puts Vampire Rumor to Rest: I Have a Reflection in the Mirror
Nicolas Cage is breaking his silence over Internet rumor suggesting that he is a vampire. The 48-year-old actor addresses the bizarre speculation that was sparked by a Civil War-era photo when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, February 9 to promote "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance".
During the interview, host David Letterman brought out a copy of the 1870 photo that displays a Tennessee man who bears a striking resemblance to Cage. In his response, the actor said, "Let me say that there is a resemblance, but how can I be polite about this. It's a somewhat slowed-down version of me."
The photo itself was listed on e-Bay in September 2011 under the title "Nicolas Cage is a Vampire/Photo from 1870/Tennessee". Asking for $1 million for the portrait, its seller noted, "Personally, I believe it's him and that he is some sort of walking undead/vampire, et cetera, who quickens/reinvents himself once every 75 years or so."
During his "Letterman" appearance, the Oscar winner further pointed out other flaws in the vampire claim. "Except, there's a photograph of me and you can't take pictures of vampires," he said, before stressing later, "Now look, I don't drink blood and last time I looked in the mirror, I had a reflection, so I'm not going with the vampire theory."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby