Nicolas Cage Puts Vampire Rumor to Rest: I Have a Reflection in the Mirror
Nicolas Cage is breaking his silence over Internet rumor suggesting that he is a vampire. The 48-year-old actor addresses the bizarre speculation that was sparked by a Civil War-era photo when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, February 9 to promote "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance".
During the interview, host David Letterman brought out a copy of the 1870 photo that displays a Tennessee man who bears a striking resemblance to Cage. In his response, the actor said, "Let me say that there is a resemblance, but how can I be polite about this. It's a somewhat slowed-down version of me."
The photo itself was listed on e-Bay in September 2011 under the title "Nicolas Cage is a Vampire/Photo from 1870/Tennessee". Asking for $1 million for the portrait, its seller noted, "Personally, I believe it's him and that he is some sort of walking undead/vampire, et cetera, who quickens/reinvents himself once every 75 years or so."
During his "Letterman" appearance, the Oscar winner further pointed out other flaws in the vampire claim. "Except, there's a photograph of me and you can't take pictures of vampires," he said, before stressing later, "Now look, I don't drink blood and last time I looked in the mirror, I had a reflection, so I'm not going with the vampire theory."
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage