Nicolas Cage Puts Vampire Rumor to Rest: I Have a Reflection in the Mirror
Nicolas Cage is breaking his silence over Internet rumor suggesting that he is a vampire. The 48-year-old actor addresses the bizarre speculation that was sparked by a Civil War-era photo when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, February 9 to promote "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance".
During the interview, host David Letterman brought out a copy of the 1870 photo that displays a Tennessee man who bears a striking resemblance to Cage. In his response, the actor said, "Let me say that there is a resemblance, but how can I be polite about this. It's a somewhat slowed-down version of me."
The photo itself was listed on e-Bay in September 2011 under the title "Nicolas Cage is a Vampire/Photo from 1870/Tennessee". Asking for $1 million for the portrait, its seller noted, "Personally, I believe it's him and that he is some sort of walking undead/vampire, et cetera, who quickens/reinvents himself once every 75 years or so."
During his "Letterman" appearance, the Oscar winner further pointed out other flaws in the vampire claim. "Except, there's a photograph of me and you can't take pictures of vampires," he said, before stressing later, "Now look, I don't drink blood and last time I looked in the mirror, I had a reflection, so I'm not going with the vampire theory."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent