The Cure, KISS and More to Cover Paul McCartney for Tribute Album
While Paul McCartney pays tribute to the classic era in his cover album "Kisses on the Bottom", a number of stars including The Cure, KISS and Alice Cooper will, in return, salute him in an upcoming tribute album. They will cover songs from Mecca's catalog including the records with The Beatles and Wings or during his solo career.
The album will additionally feature Billy Joel, Brian Wilson, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, Steve Miller, Jeff Lynne, Heart, Wanda Jackson, Ronnie Spector and Corinne Bailey Rae. The CD is being curated by producer Ralph Sall.
Sall met McCartney while working on Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks' movie "The In-Laws" which has several McCartney songs as soundtracks. "It grew out of that experience," he said. "A good idea goes a long way, but it was important that it be blessed by Paul."
Sall has been working on the album for two and a half years, but has yet to partner with a label or distributor for the release. Beside working in the studio, he also plans a TV special using footage of the studio sessions and interview with the participating artists.
"It will be a good venue to show appreciation of his catalog," the music supervisor gushed. "You can tell by the variety of participants that Paul's music is truly timeless. Whether you're 8 or 80, everyone loves Paul McCartney."
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary