The Cure, KISS and More to Cover Paul McCartney for Tribute Album
While Paul McCartney pays tribute to the classic era in his cover album "Kisses on the Bottom", a number of stars including The Cure, KISS and Alice Cooper will, in return, salute him in an upcoming tribute album. They will cover songs from Mecca's catalog including the records with The Beatles and Wings or during his solo career.
The album will additionally feature Billy Joel, Brian Wilson, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, Steve Miller, Jeff Lynne, Heart, Wanda Jackson, Ronnie Spector and Corinne Bailey Rae. The CD is being curated by producer Ralph Sall.
Sall met McCartney while working on Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks' movie "The In-Laws" which has several McCartney songs as soundtracks. "It grew out of that experience," he said. "A good idea goes a long way, but it was important that it be blessed by Paul."
Sall has been working on the album for two and a half years, but has yet to partner with a label or distributor for the release. Beside working in the studio, he also plans a TV special using footage of the studio sessions and interview with the participating artists.
"It will be a good venue to show appreciation of his catalog," the music supervisor gushed. "You can tell by the variety of participants that Paul's music is truly timeless. Whether you're 8 or 80, everyone loves Paul McCartney."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival