Bradley Cooper's Epic War Film 'Paradise Lost' Is Shut Down
"Paradise Lost" will not be getting the big screen treatment after all. The epic-sized movie, which has tapped Bradley Cooper as its lead actor, was eventually scrapped by Legendary Pictures, Deadline reported. The studio had to pull the plug on the budget-busting project due to financial issue.
It is said that Legendary made the shocking decision after struggling to cut down the cost of the film to $120 million. The studio thought the budget for the intricate special effects, which are needed in massive war scenes between angel and heaven, is too high and impossible to trim. An insider told TheWrap, "This isn't 'Avatar'. They're only going to make it for a price."
Before being shut down, "Paradise Lost" was originally slated to kick off filming this past January. However, the studio has pushed back the schedule until early summer in June. Now that the film didn't get the greenlight, the crew that have been prepared for the shooting in Australia were told to go home.
"Paradise Lost" is adapted from the 17th century epic poem by English poet John Milton. It follows the story of Lucifer's failed rebellion in heaven and subsequent role in Adam and Eve's fall from grace. It was said that the film will use the same motion capture technology from James Cameron's "Avatar".
Alex Proyas was supposed to helm the film. In addition to Cooper, the project actually had a set of notable actors lining up in its cast ensemble. They included Benjamin Walker, Djimon Hounsou, Casey Affleck, Callan McAuliffe, Dominic Purcell, Diego Boneta, Sam Reid and Rufus Sewell.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal