'Smash' 1.02 Clip: Katharine McPhee Channels Marilyn Monroe, Performs Original Song
Auditioning for the lead role in a Marilyn Monroe musical, Katharine McPhee's Karen will be seen as the late iconic star when "Smash" returns with a new episode next week. A newly released sneak peek has teased what she will do in order to prove that she deserves the part.
The clip opens with Karen singing an original song "The 20th Century Fox Mambo" in what seems to be a rehearsal. Halfway through the performance, Karen transforms into Marilyn as the dancers around her also have their costumes changed.
Titled "The Callback", the upcoming episode will see Ivy (Megan Hilty) and Karen jumping through hoops for the brilliant but temperamental director Derek Wills (Jack Davenport) as they pursue the role of a lifetime. Meanwhile, Julia (Debra Messing) and her husband Frank (Brian d'Arcy James) are frustrated by the red tape of an international adoption process, and Eileen (Anjelica Huston) fights to finance her new musical in the midst of an acrimonious divorce.
"Smash" airs every Monday, at 10:00 P.M. EST on NBC.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic