'Smash' 1.02 Clip: Katharine McPhee Channels Marilyn Monroe, Performs Original Song
Auditioning for the lead role in a Marilyn Monroe musical, Katharine McPhee's Karen will be seen as the late iconic star when "Smash" returns with a new episode next week. A newly released sneak peek has teased what she will do in order to prove that she deserves the part.
The clip opens with Karen singing an original song "The 20th Century Fox Mambo" in what seems to be a rehearsal. Halfway through the performance, Karen transforms into Marilyn as the dancers around her also have their costumes changed.
Titled "The Callback", the upcoming episode will see Ivy (Megan Hilty) and Karen jumping through hoops for the brilliant but temperamental director Derek Wills (Jack Davenport) as they pursue the role of a lifetime. Meanwhile, Julia (Debra Messing) and her husband Frank (Brian d'Arcy James) are frustrated by the red tape of an international adoption process, and Eileen (Anjelica Huston) fights to finance her new musical in the midst of an acrimonious divorce.
"Smash" airs every Monday, at 10:00 P.M. EST on NBC.
- Watch Charlie Puth's Sexy Music Video for 'Attention'
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Madonna Biopic 'Blonde Ambition' Is in the Works at Universal
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'