'Smash' 1.02 Clip: Katharine McPhee Channels Marilyn Monroe, Performs Original Song
Auditioning for the lead role in a Marilyn Monroe musical, Katharine McPhee's Karen will be seen as the late iconic star when "Smash" returns with a new episode next week. A newly released sneak peek has teased what she will do in order to prove that she deserves the part.
The clip opens with Karen singing an original song "The 20th Century Fox Mambo" in what seems to be a rehearsal. Halfway through the performance, Karen transforms into Marilyn as the dancers around her also have their costumes changed.
Titled "The Callback", the upcoming episode will see Ivy (Megan Hilty) and Karen jumping through hoops for the brilliant but temperamental director Derek Wills (Jack Davenport) as they pursue the role of a lifetime. Meanwhile, Julia (Debra Messing) and her husband Frank (Brian d'Arcy James) are frustrated by the red tape of an international adoption process, and Eileen (Anjelica Huston) fights to finance her new musical in the midst of an acrimonious divorce.
"Smash" airs every Monday, at 10:00 P.M. EST on NBC.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed