'Smash' 1.02 Clip: Katharine McPhee Channels Marilyn Monroe, Performs Original Song
Auditioning for the lead role in a Marilyn Monroe musical, Katharine McPhee's Karen will be seen as the late iconic star when "Smash" returns with a new episode next week. A newly released sneak peek has teased what she will do in order to prove that she deserves the part.
The clip opens with Karen singing an original song "The 20th Century Fox Mambo" in what seems to be a rehearsal. Halfway through the performance, Karen transforms into Marilyn as the dancers around her also have their costumes changed.
Titled "The Callback", the upcoming episode will see Ivy (Megan Hilty) and Karen jumping through hoops for the brilliant but temperamental director Derek Wills (Jack Davenport) as they pursue the role of a lifetime. Meanwhile, Julia (Debra Messing) and her husband Frank (Brian d'Arcy James) are frustrated by the red tape of an international adoption process, and Eileen (Anjelica Huston) fights to finance her new musical in the midst of an acrimonious divorce.
"Smash" airs every Monday, at 10:00 P.M. EST on NBC.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival