Adele and Van Halen Race to No. 1 on Hot 200 During Grammy Week
Adele will have to compete with Van Halen to retain her No. 1 spot on Billboard Hot 200 next week. The band are predicted to enter high on the U.S. album chart by selling 180,000 to 200,000 copies of their newly-released album "A Different Kind of Truth".
Adele, meanwhile, has pulled sales number under 150,000 copies every week since reclaiming the first position and ending Michael Buble's reign six weeks ago. Thus, under normal circumstances, she would lose to Van Halen if their final figure meets the expectation.
This weekend, however, there's 54th Grammy Awards, where Adele is going to make her first return to the stage since undergoing throat surgery last year. Her performance at the prestigious event, where she gets six nods, is expected to boost sales of her currently-charting album "21".
Already, a sign of increase in her album sales has been shown this week. She holds the first spot on the Hot 200 by adding another 122,000 copies (up 5% from what she got last week). It marks her 19th nonconsecutive week at No. 1 on the weekly rundown.
If she stays atop the chart next week, she will be tied with Whitney Houston and Elvis Presley who both scored 20-week No. 1 run. As for Van Halen, if they could kick her off the No. 1, it would be the band's first chart-topper with original frontman David Lee Roth.
More Adele News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says