Adele and Van Halen Race to No. 1 on Hot 200 During Grammy Week
Adele will have to compete with Van Halen to retain her No. 1 spot on Billboard Hot 200 next week. The band are predicted to enter high on the U.S. album chart by selling 180,000 to 200,000 copies of their newly-released album "A Different Kind of Truth".
Adele, meanwhile, has pulled sales number under 150,000 copies every week since reclaiming the first position and ending Michael Buble's reign six weeks ago. Thus, under normal circumstances, she would lose to Van Halen if their final figure meets the expectation.
This weekend, however, there's 54th Grammy Awards, where Adele is going to make her first return to the stage since undergoing throat surgery last year. Her performance at the prestigious event, where she gets six nods, is expected to boost sales of her currently-charting album "21".
Already, a sign of increase in her album sales has been shown this week. She holds the first spot on the Hot 200 by adding another 122,000 copies (up 5% from what she got last week). It marks her 19th nonconsecutive week at No. 1 on the weekly rundown.
If she stays atop the chart next week, she will be tied with Whitney Houston and Elvis Presley who both scored 20-week No. 1 run. As for Van Halen, if they could kick her off the No. 1, it would be the band's first chart-topper with original frontman David Lee Roth.
More Adele News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'