Report: M.I.A. Sorry as Madonna Is Furious Over Her Middle Finger Gesture
Rumor has it, M.I.A. has said sorry for flipping the bird when performing with Madonna at Super Bowl XLVI. A source close to the British artist told the Sun, "She wasn't thinking. She was caught in the moment and she's incredibly sorry."
Madge reportedly was mad at M.I.A. over her middle finger salute. "Madonna wasn't impressed. She prides herself on professionalism," another source said. "M.I.A did nothing similar in rehearsals. Nobody knew she was going to pull this stunt."
The source continued as saying, "Madonna wanted to put on a world-beating performance. But everyone ended up talking about this girl's middle finger."
M.I.A. upstaged Madonna by grabbing headlines with her rude gesture. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker flashed her middle finger to the camera while rapping "I don't give a s**t" line. She herself hasn't issued a statement regarding the controversial incident.
The "Bad Girls" singer usually posted regular tweets to keep her fans updated, but now has gone MIA from the micro-blogging site. She wrote her last message on February 5, sharing her excitement for the Super Bowl. "Getting ready for #superbowl," so she tweeted.
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood