Report: M.I.A. Sorry as Madonna Is Furious Over Her Middle Finger Gesture
Rumor has it, M.I.A. has said sorry for flipping the bird when performing with Madonna at Super Bowl XLVI. A source close to the British artist told the Sun, "She wasn't thinking. She was caught in the moment and she's incredibly sorry."
Madge reportedly was mad at M.I.A. over her middle finger salute. "Madonna wasn't impressed. She prides herself on professionalism," another source said. "M.I.A did nothing similar in rehearsals. Nobody knew she was going to pull this stunt."
The source continued as saying, "Madonna wanted to put on a world-beating performance. But everyone ended up talking about this girl's middle finger."
M.I.A. upstaged Madonna by grabbing headlines with her rude gesture. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker flashed her middle finger to the camera while rapping "I don't give a s**t" line. She herself hasn't issued a statement regarding the controversial incident.
The "Bad Girls" singer usually posted regular tweets to keep her fans updated, but now has gone MIA from the micro-blogging site. She wrote her last message on February 5, sharing her excitement for the Super Bowl. "Getting ready for #superbowl," so she tweeted.
More M.I.A. News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion